[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the correct interpretation of this novel? All I got out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: img_2195.jpg (167KB, 739x1051px) Image search: [Google]
img_2195.jpg
167KB, 739x1051px
What is the correct interpretation of this novel? All I got out of it is that light wants to be free but fascist physics are oppressing it.
>>
>>9705057
There has been lots of talk on >>>/sci/ about the law of physics (including the speed of light) being part of a simulated reality, this could be part of what the novel goes into.
>>
If everyone on this board reads Pynchon why is it so hard to start a discussion about him?
>>
>>9706550
AtD is his longest and probably his least read.

It's probably something about how Pynchon unironically thinks Tesla had free energy.
>>
>>9706550
I don't, some friends told me he was pretty mediocre in comparison to the classics, were they right?
>>
>>9706571
Your only friends are /lit/?
>>
>>9706571
I think against the day is his best novel. Way better than gravity's rainbow, but feel free to distrust me, I'm just some anon on /lit/.
>>
>>9706550
Because I haven't finished M&D yet, if you make this same thread in a month I pinky promise I'll contribute
>>
>>9707321
I believe the rumor that P was so fucked up writing GR he doesn't even remember what half the passages are supposed to mean
>>
>>9708241
>I believe the rumor that P was so fucked up writing GR he doesn't even remember what half the passages are supposed to mean

READ THIS QUOTE IN ITS FULL CONTEXT, FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Literally Jules Siegel telling that on a forum that Pynchon RE-WROTE large parts of GR because "I was so fucked up while writing it etc"

Basically the guy who got cucked by Pynchon (yes, look that up) claims that early drafts of GR were admittedly written by Pynchon while he was "fucked up."
>>
>>9705057
Here's an idea, use art and culture as conduits to formulate your own ideas.

Pleb.
>>
>>9708620
Siegel wasn't even bitter though
>>
>>9708903
True, I guess, but people need to post that quote in context.

He said Pynchon didn't understand "sequences" of earlier drafts and re-wrote a lot of GR. That's it.

> wasn't even bitter

But he was the only friend of his to sell him out, I guess. The only friend to spill the beans whereas everyone else stayed silent. I guess he didn't divulge much, but he made a documentary and a book to cash in on his friendship. The documentary was about 15 minutes of interesting discussion stretched out to over an hour.
>>
>>9709094
Do you have to full playboy interview with jules by any chance?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.