[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Mrs Dalloway (1925) >The Common Reader (1925) >To the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

>Mrs Dalloway (1925)
>The Common Reader (1925)
>To the Lighthouse (1927)
>Orlando (1928)
>A Room Of One's Own (1929)
>The Waves (1931)

>six years

How did she do it fellas?
>>
like every other overachieving woman: she got a man to help her: men always have to work alone but women always have the labor of both themselves and their boyfriend to use
>>
>>9700954
is it too much to ask for 10 replies without the thread turning into this shit?
>>
>>9700960
british novels are boring as fuck dude
>>
>>9700943
She filled her pockets with rocks and waded out until there was no coming back
>>
>>9700979
Now that's rock n roll
>>
She had a house full of servants and a brilliantly supportive husband. She had a background of material, social and cultural advantage, but in addition to this she worked bloody hard. If you read her 'Writer's Diary' you see that she very self-consciously made herself as a writer.
>>
>>9700943
Sheer pluck. Her great antagonist was Proust whom she loved unto despair....
Some successful invocation of the martial spirit lost on the myriads who would write, perhaps? Discipline, course set and kept toward triumph = departure from the mainstream? I mean.. if one knows one has it, what other course avails?
When did the Second Common Reader appear? Both volumes are top notch and do as much as any I have ever read to aid in the cultivation of a love of ACTUAL literature.
>>
>>9701378
Your writing is insanely confusing and annoying to read
>>
>>9701401
i didn't find it confusing or annoying -- maybe you're just stupid
>>
>>9701401
Thank (you). Takes practice, dumbfuck. Is this less confusing?
>>
>>9701401
Just kidding, anon. Wd love to stay and make appeals but I gotta be somewhere. What's important is that one reads VW. That's it. Goo night.
>>
>>9701378

>Sheer pluck. Her great antagonist was Proust whom she loved unto despair....

>>9701432

>Wd love to stay and make appeals but I gotta be somewhere. What's important is that one reads VW. That's it. Goo night.

he is right you are such a fucking faggot lmao holy shit.

so quirky and ironically over affected! trying so hard yet not trying at all! you are style itself!
>>
>tfw no buddy cop movie with her and Joyce
>>
>>9701443
Affectation takes effort, douchebag. I can wear whatever I want. Nighty-night!
>>
>>9701378
>>9701411
>>9701432
>>9701460
*unzips dick*
solid 4/10
>>
>>9700943
>you will never grow up in an extremely wealthy family that exposes you to the classics at a young age and does everything they can to encourage and foster your love for art, never saying shit like "what's the point of reading all those books?" and "don't you want to learn practical skills?" and laughing at you for reading poetry and forcing you to major in STEM-shit that you hate
>>
File: 1495180123390.jpg (34KB, 352x387px) Image search: [Google]
1495180123390.jpg
34KB, 352x387px
>>9701460

fuck you're lame.
>>
>>9700979
is this the greatest suicide known to man
>>
>>9701471

>solid 4/10

if this is a bait i'd bump it to 7/10. i fear it isn't though.
>>
>>9701378
I want to beat the shit out of you and fuck you in the ass until you squeal with fear and pain
>>
>>9701378
Is this like a weird NR Gaddis impersonation? Not autistic enough, 2/10.
>>
>>9701401
I bet you're the kind of faggot who thinks Joyce is a meme just because you're a simpleton
>>
>>9701498
redpill me on NR Gaddis
>>
>>9701706
autist on goodreads that writes like wannabe schmidt, only reads postmodern obscure doorstoppers. Has read 26 vollmann books and 2 shakespeare plays.
>>
>>9701475
No get back in the truck Conrad is.
>>
>>9700943
Talent and hard work
>>
>>9701378
Trying to hard/10
>>
>>9701519
Oh please, Joyce is my favorite author. Though I'm not sure what that has to do with that faggot writing in an annoying way.

>you must be a retard if you dont like overly complicated and grammatically incorrect writing for simple points on an icelandic icefishing imageboard
>lmao
>>
>>9701976
>NR Gaddis

>Reads all of his review on Goodreads

Holy...

I want more. MORE.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.