[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>deckard keeps blurting out "HEY UR AN ANDROID"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

>deckard keeps blurting out "HEY UR AN ANDROID" at people he shouldn't be antagonizing

>his waifu kills his goat for some reason, then he decides to go out to the woods and become jesus

>final confrontation is just him faking a retards voice, then the highly intelligent robots miss shooting him while hes standing in the doorway

im surprised by how good blade runner turned out considering how shitty this book is
>>
>>
>>9695906
>>his waifu kills his goat for some reason, then he decides to go out to the woods and become jesus
>>final confrontation is just him faking a retards voice, then the highly intelligent robots miss shooting him while hes standing in the doorway

what the fuck is up with these though?

Blade Runner is so much better
>>
>>9695994
schizophrenia
>>
pkd was a drug addicted schizo pedophile in a fashion that was not always literary, desu
>>
>>9695994
>his waifu kills his goat for some reason
The whole animal subplot is very important for understanding the distinction between human/android. Androids have no sentimentality, and seek the objective truth. Humans seek the truth, but there are limits. Authenticity is shown to be very important in the novel, and the societal focus on owning a real animal is one of them. To get back at Deckard, robowaifu kills the real goat he was proud of owning. It was something of real value to him.
Keep in mind that the androids proved the human religion false earlier in the book. Deckard finding the toad, a symbol of the religion, and his wife's decision to keep it, is an important statement given these themes of authenticity. Authenticity is what you make of it, and humans seek practical truth. They carry on with their religion, they make believe the toad is real, because it lets us carry on.
>final confrontation is just him faking a retards voice, then the highly intelligent robots miss shooting him while hes standing in the doorway
It's more realistic than >muh chase sequence
Blade Runner and DADoES are both good, but they seek different things. That's why the movie complete guts the religion and animal subplots to focus on the androids.
>>
>>9696585
>is very important for understanding the distinction between human/android.
Why should I make that distinction and why is it important to do so?

>Androids have no sentimentality
They do. Human intuitively empathize with what they perceive to be an organic life form because it's similar to themselves and androids don't because it's not similar to themselves. That's all there is to it. Thus "Do androids etc. etc."
But, no. You have to push your ideas about how human is something so good and righteous and being human makes you so much better.
There must be right and wrong and we must be the ones who are right.
>>
>>9695906
It's actually about Jews if you read closely.
>>
>>9697636
>Why should I make that distinction and why is it important to do so?

Right, that's the conclusion at the end of the book.
>>
honestly point one is the reason i made the thread

as a kid i played the game (which is fantastic), loved the movie as a teen, just finally read the book and that shit bothered me a lot

deckards dealing with androids that are murderous, highly intelligent, and yet just keeps blurting his thoughts out to them. his lack of subtly bothered the fuck out of me.
>>
>>9695906
The book is better than the film.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.