[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some books that will help me reconcile the evils

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1498516657622.jpg (25KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1498516657622.jpg
25KB, 512x384px
What are some books that will help me reconcile the evils of the world?
>>
I find it is worthwhile to combine a sort of nihilistic darwinian gnosticism to the whole endevor. We are in a flawed and uncaring void in which all interactions have become commitized. All expression has been uploaded to a hyperreality of online social networks such that all activities and creations are now used to created a false visage. We are in an era of unrestrained corporatism that turns all labor into a commodity itself and all individuals into consumers.

I would recommend some Foucault and Nietzsche. Through these you will see that not only is all interaction based on the flow of power and its utilization, but your own belief in the evils around you are based on the defition of those in power.

While delving into the naturalistic worldview you will also being to understand that evil is based on frame of reference, we are all complicit. If you are a westerner, most of our good and a great deal of our well being has been based on the exploitation of third world labor, becuase of this, the evil presented to others is seen as a good for the self. Original sin is no longer the fall of adam but the joys we eek from life through the suffering of others. The only reaction to this is to nihilistically reframe yourself as a Good Christian and be done with the whole deal.
>>
Don't reconcile Evil. Doing so only benefits it.
>>
File: True Patrician Literature 2017.png (540KB, 669x505px) Image search: [Google]
True Patrician Literature 2017.png
540KB, 669x505px
>>
>>9695346
Marcus Aurelius' Meditations
>>
The Bible ;*
>>
The Consolation of Philosophy so long as you're not a fedora.
>>
>>9695346
Religious texts from any religion in the world. Or if you want it in one book, The Perennial Philosophy by Alduous Huxley
>>
>>9695346
The hungry Caterpillar.
>>
>>9695851
>shilling early 20th c. perennialism in 2017
what the hell
it turns out that different religions disagree on the fundamentals, kid
>>
File: IMG_1030.jpg (108KB, 971x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1030.jpg
108KB, 971x576px
>>9695363
>commitized
>>
>>9695346
I've not read any but theodicy sounds like what you want to read about.
>>
>>9695363
>commitized

Hmmm
>>
>>9695789
i read most of Benatar's, it was actually fairly interesting
>>
>>
>>9696591
Is this book actually good?
>>
>>9695797
This is exactly wrong. If anything it will just make them seem more significant.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.