[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As much as I can agree that there is some poor writing and story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

As much as I can agree that there is some poor writing and story choices with this series, can any other fantasy series rival its world building and comfyness?
>>
s
a
g
e
>>
>>9694685
Masturbation is also comfortable.
>>
>>9694690
>I am become Onan, destroyer of worlds
>>
The Shire is more comfy than any one location in the HP universe, but the HP universe as a whole seems more comfy in general than Middle Earth.

But worldbuilding? She took a bit of Troll (1986), a bit of The Worst Witch (1986) and added in a bit of obvious mythological stuff for the first book then made the rest up as she went along when she realised it needed to expand for the sequels. That's not worldbuilding, that's lazy world-bootstrapping.
>>
>>9694685
> watched Ashens new video on old harry potter candy
> tfw I used to eat that stuff all the time when I was a kid
> tfw can't help but fulfill nostalgia by playing The Philosopher's Stone on PS1 and PC
>>
File: 1486136120270.jpg (181KB, 981x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1486136120270.jpg
181KB, 981x1015px
>>9694685
The American political landscape.
>>
File: 1486137354766.jpg (77KB, 572x260px) Image search: [Google]
1486137354766.jpg
77KB, 572x260px
Dumbeldore = bee

mind = blown
>>
>>9694685
Yes? (LOTR)
>>
I remember enjoying the reading but not really experiencing comfyness from the STORY and WORLD but just comfyness from being in bed reading. I had my bed in a corner then and huge pillows and it was wonderful.

I actually remember being bored at the descriptions and just wanting the plot to move forward. I was young, but the books were full of action, not so much descriptions.

A comfy book for me is usually pretty slow but it soaks in the environment. The first part of A Hero for Our Time is a comfy book I recently read, but there are many examples.
>>
>>9694728
Dumbelbee?
>>
As much as lit proclaims to hate this series, there sure are a lot of threads on here about it.
>>
The Prydain books by Lloyd Alexander
Narnia
The Dark is Rising sequence
The Oz books
>>
>>9694723
I'm not sure if this is satire but I did get a good laugh out of that image
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.