[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did the Nazis manage to misread Nietzsche so badly? He's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2073.png (86KB, 337x441px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2073.png
86KB, 337x441px
How did the Nazis manage to misread Nietzsche so badly? He's pretty much explicitly against everything they stood for.
>>
>>9693666
Niezsche's sister was an antisemite nationalist and eventual Nazi in charge of his literary estate and systematically misrepresented him in the volumes published under her "editorship"
>>
>>9693681
You mean her husband.
>>
>>9693666
Everybody misreads Nietzsche.
>>
>>9693666
I'd say they read him pretty well, except for nationalism and collectivism in general. But it's hard to build a mass movement based on aristocracy.
>>
>>9693698
both of them, but he wasn't the one in charge of N's estate
also he killed himself the year Nietzsche collapsed, so he wasn't even alive to manipulate the corpus
no doubt he influenced Elisabeth's ideology, though
>>
i think people keep applying modern standards to the past and never actually engage with the prevaling thoughts patterns of the time. call it a social trend a collective unconscious whatever,fact is ideas and mentalities are contagious but beside the point right now. anyway, jewish/german relations were long complicated, if gitler didnt, someone would have.
>>
>>9693666
Pretty sure they didn't care, they just took a facet of somewhat known works to bolster their own ideology. Also Nietzsche is so often vague as fuck and open to interpretation.
>>
>>9693709
>yfw you don't misread nietzsche
>yfw basking in the glow of your aristocratic elitism without bothering to correct the plebs
>>
>>9693666
They read the Kaufmann translation.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.