[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm only fairly smart and didn't go to an Ivy League

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: vivec or zizek.jpg (33KB, 400x312px) Image search: [Google]
vivec or zizek.jpg
33KB, 400x312px
I'm only fairly smart and didn't go to an Ivy League school. Should I spend the rest of my life focused on being comfy, or actually pursue truth?
>>
>>9693551
Paying for a paper degree in dick sucking will only enlighten you to the truth of the almighty hedge fund.

A community college will give you access to the sister university's library. You'll save a few 100k and get a basic degree, if thst actually matters to you.

If you're looking for 'agony' as inspiration, the debauchery of campus is a fucking real place to start.

>inb4 bitter
Yes.
>>
>>9693551
All is vanity
>>
>>9693559

>truth is vanity

Wew you are so le deep mannnn.
>>
>>9693565
No, Ivy League is vanity.
>>
The vast majority of truth and wisdom doesn't come from what you hear in a classroom. If you are curious about anything then read more about the subject. Listen to your curiosity and follow your willingness to learn. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>9693551
Maybe you should pursue the proper board to talk about this on. Because this has nothing to do with literature.
>>
>>9693575
This
>>
Plenty of good writers didn't go to prestigious colleges. If you want to be a philosopher who gets taken seriously by academics, prestige is probably much more important. Though even then, you can always just write books for the public and be a "pop philosopher" like Ayn Rand.
>>
>>9693551
Focus on attaining as much comfy as possible and just use truth - as much as you can - to attain it.
>>
You should pursue the truth at all costs.

This will lead you to become terrifying, which is far better than being prestigious. And actually will get you just as much attention.
>>
>>9694116

I've followed this path and I'm sure as hell glad I did. Talking to people who've been working at mastering certain shit for years only for them to realize you understand it from a perspective that is completely beyond them because of how relentless you are is so immensely satisfying.
>>
File: 612siddhartha.png (76KB, 300x402px) Image search: [Google]
612siddhartha.png
76KB, 300x402px
>Should I spend the rest of my life focused on being comfy, or actually pursue truth?
>Thinks he can do the latter without the former.
>Clearly hasn't taken the orange pill.
>>
>>9693573
>t. too stupid to meet the low standards required for admission to any ivy league school in the 21st century
>>
>>9693551
>implying truth
Sure search for the "truth", i'll be out getting comfy.
>>
I'm not all that smart but I spend a good chunk of my time 'pursuing truth'. Mostly cause it's just what I enjoy doing, though. I have no delusions that it's the "right" thing to do or that I'll attain enlightenment or something. It's for its sake.
>>
>>9695423
>low standards
Let me take this bait really quick to say that the valedictorian from my old high school's c/o 17 had perfect gpa, all the bells and whistles etc and literally built schools in rural India or some nonsense and the only ivy she got into was Dartmouth. The only ways into an ivy at this point are 1) top .1% income and wasp genes and pedigree or 2) ridiculous sob story and overcoming some terrible inner city situation. Besides that are the minorities with the same numbers as the normal whites, asians, and Indians who get rejected.

>inb4 reject
Didn't even apply, I'm a bad student. Happily halfway done at my decent public school
>>
>>9693551
seek the truth for a while and then get comfy once you lose your energy
>>
>>9693557
>If you're looking for 'agony' as inspiration, the debauchery of campus is a fucking real place to start.
I don't get involved but the stories I hear at my LAC are horrifying. What will become of this generation?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.