[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone read the Doctor Who novels here? What do you think? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: exodus.jpg (81KB, 350x568px) Image search: [Google]
exodus.jpg
81KB, 350x568px
Anyone read the Doctor Who novels here? What do you think? What can you recommend? I recommend pic related.
>>
>>9694356
kill yourself
>>
>>9694435
rude
>>
>>9693040
lol dicks
>>
I read so, so many of these as a kid. Obviously they weren't good literature, although IIRC some of the Sylvester McCoy era books tried for something a little bit more ambitious than just narrating the TV show.
>>
>>9694553
>Obviously they weren't good literature,
wut, why is that obvious? OP pic related is breedy gud
Do you remember any good ones?
>>
>>9693040
Alien Bodies
Interference
The Man in a Velvet Mask
Fear Itself
>>
File: 1485379082060.jpg (20KB, 225x257px) Image search: [Google]
1485379082060.jpg
20KB, 225x257px
>terrance dicks
>>
Shada by Douglas Adams.
>>
An eccentric yet compassionate extraterrestrial Time Lord zips through time and space to solve problems and battle injustice across the universe, traveling via the TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimensions in Space), which is his old and occasionally unreliable spaceship that resembles a blue police phone box (but changes its appearance depending on its surroundings) and is much, much larger inside than outside.

This is the only thing consistent in the series, everything else is arbitrary. Complete autism.
>>
>(but changes its appearance depending on its surroundings)
nearly never does that

he usually travels with a companion who is usually a young female.

there are reocurring villians and continuity and such.Rreally the story premise is great as it allows for so many stories to be told. What's "autistic" about that?
>>
>>9694647
Because they're TV tie-in novels. They're written quickly, by professional scriptwriters rather than novelists (IIRC), and are not required to stand on their own merits- they just exist to keep the brand out there. It's not impossible that these conditions could produce good literature, but it's very unlikely.
>>
>>9694651
>Alien Bodies
>Interference
My man. Lawrence Miles is better than 90% of mainstream science fiction writers.
>>
>>9694854
You are on the wrong board.
>>
>>9696420
Why? DW, while mainly a TV show, is also a franchise on other platforms, like literature. If I wanted to discuss the books where should I go? I figured /lit/ would be the right board. What do you suggest? Do you think any of the plebs on /tv/ have read the books?
>>
>>9696314
I read a lot of scifi and those books still stand as greta books on their own.
>>
>>9697967
Actually their /who/ general has a fair few book and radio-play obsessives
>>
>>9700116
>>9697967
Only off season.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.