[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to catch up /lit/. I enjoyed reading books maybe 5-6 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1497554387460.png (481KB, 480x478px) Image search: [Google]
1497554387460.png
481KB, 480x478px
I need to catch up /lit/. I enjoyed reading books maybe 5-6 years ago, but then I never wanted to until now, when school's over for a couple of years for me. >>9678288 pretty much sums it up. Anyhow, I feel like I need a backlog of what could be concidered "essential reads", so not just any book regardless of how good it is. Preferrably a book of philosophical or cultural importance that may have had a conciderable effect on either of those two.

Maybe 50 in total would give me a decent backlog? I think the following may be included in that 50-book list, but I'm not sure.
>1984
>Animal Farm
>The Bible
>Atlas Shrugged
>Crime and Punishment
>War and Peace
>The Trial
>The Prince
>Ulysses
>Das Kapital
>Mein Kampf
>The Divine Comedy

Should I remove any of these from the list? What should I add? Remember quality ss not really the most important parameter here, more so cultural, political and philosophical impact , and historical importance. So I'm not memeing about the Bible, Das Kapital and Mein Kampf.
>>
read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle maintenance, one of the best philosophical books out there.
>>
File: 1365475090228.jpg (418KB, 747x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1365475090228.jpg
418KB, 747x1417px
>>9688124
If you haven't read 1984 yet, you have not business considering Ulysses...Just read this.
>>
>>9688124
Read them in this order:

>Animal Farm
>1984
>The Trial
>The Bible (Start reading and continually read throughout the rest of these. Don't skim.)
>Crime and Punishment
>Atlas Shrugged
>War and Peace
>Mein Kampf
>The Prince
>Das Kapital
>The Divine Comedy
> Are you SURE you're ready?
> No, really, are you sure?
> Don't kid yourself.
> You finished the Bible right?
> Okay.
> Ulysses
>>
>>9688244
i watched the movies of all of these
>>
>>9688265
Oh, you did? Disregard the chart and jump straight into Finnegan's Wake.
>>
>>9688244
I've read it once before, but it was a coupl eof years ago and I do not trust my 16-year old self. Same goes for The Trial, Animal Farm and Crime and Punishment.

>>9688261
Sounds like a plan. Any recommendations for other books?

>>9688244
Cheers mate.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.