[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the actual fuck is this shit? Is this supposed to be a story?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: cover_finnegans_wake.jpg (16KB, 222x334px) Image search: [Google]
cover_finnegans_wake.jpg
16KB, 222x334px
What the actual fuck is this shit? Is this supposed to be a story? People always refer to it a a comedy, are there jokes or am I just a brainlet. Why is it considered one of the great 20th century works?
>>
>>9685188
it's not fucking hard. you're a brainlet. start with the greeks, pleb.
>>
>>9685188
It's not nonsense. Joyce wasn't kidding when he said he could justify every word. Use this website and remember to have fun: http://www.finneganswiki.com/
>>
>>9685188
Language. Puns.
>>
People like >>9685200 who act like it's straightforward have totally missed the point of the book (or more likely haven't read it at all).
Think of Finnegan's Wake like the internet. There can be massive expanses of meaning behind like every sentence, some of which must have been implemented retroactively just because I can't even Joyce being that smart.
Finnegan's Wake is kind of a culmination of a life, so its all almost references to himself.
>>
>>9685542
>totally missed the point of the book (or more likely haven't read it at all).
I think they aren't particularly sincere, have you thought of that possibility? They might very well have got the point of the book, they're just trying to get a rise out of people like OP, and people like you.
>>
eyyy OP, I finished this book not but the other day, and if you wanna get a bit of an appreciation for it read chapters I.7 and I.8, con pazienza, and use fweet.org. It's better than the 'usylessly unreadable Blue Book of Eccles'.

He's Courting Eternity!
>>
Some of it requires reading it aloud, some of it requires knowing some linguistics, some of it is about Dublin and some of it is private speech bound to be obscure. No idea if the story is linear, considering the ending is beginning might suggest so.
>>
File: image.png (425KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
425KB, 600x590px
>>9685188
Meshua, my fine dandy! You've arrived at the right tavern! The rooks are howling in the west as buttercream coagulates my heart; and thou. Thus Thou havest arrived in time for mail delivery here at Masada, my dear Sulamit. Take a seat, will ya lad. Gimme dat boipussy.
>>
>>9685188
>Portrait
Hell yeah

>Ulysses
Hell yeah

>Finnegans Wake
¿ɥɐǝʎ llǝɥ
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.