[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ran out of page swipes on my Kindle >too poor to spend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 1489452113574.jpg (78KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
1489452113574.jpg
78KB, 444x460px
>ran out of page swipes on my Kindle
>too poor to spend $5 on the page swipes I need to finish the book
>have to walk to the nearest Kindle Center to fill up on page swipes
E-readers are the worst meme
>>
wtf are you talking about
>>
>kindle double xp weekend
>buy war & peace
>swipe through the entire thing five times while watching netflix
>farm shitloads of xp to spend on new skins for my homepage
>>
>>9681645
Did you see that kindle two-for-one deal coming up soon? Trying to decide if I should use my discounted swipes on a postmodern doorstopper or on a few light novels.
>>
>new patch day on kindle
>grind dostoevsky 10 hours a day for weeks (and marquez for the magical realism bonus event) to get to the new intellect cap
>am now sitting in the top 10 ganking people trying to catch up so they have to re-buy their books
>>
>>9681631
>Get second Kindle
>Sign up for second Kindle Premium Reader account
>Spend days multibox farming The Bible so I can get the "Words with Friends" achievement
>>
>>9681658
I need that Intellect Cap. I'll trade you a +3 Dagger of Greater Latin. It automatically grants access to the Senate of the Roman Republic DLC. My Kindle screen name is MARCVS TVLLIVS CICEBRO. Add me :O
>>
File: fdafafaf.png (184KB, 378x428px) Image search: [Google]
fdafafaf.png
184KB, 378x428px
How i can fix the problem with the pages count and calculation timetofinishedit.
It takes, for example, to taps to do one page...
I didnt buy the ebooks, desu.
>>
imagine not using a kobo
>>
>>9681710
Kobo is worse since their page swipes costs the double.
>>
>>9681716
You're paying for quality, anon. Kobo employs more aesthetic fonts with a mind for which fonts approximate most closely the overall "feel" of the subject matter.
>>
>>9681723
I actually really love how my Kobo does that. Having the fonts change dynamically to match the mood of the page I'm reading is really immersive.
>>
>>9681631

I'm sorry, I'm really confused here. What do you mean you ran out of page swipes? I don't own a Kindle or any other E-reader. Can you only read a certain amount of pages?
>>
>>9681631
>>9681645
>>9681653
>>9681658
>>9681671
>>9681681
>>9681695
>>9681716
>>9681723

I would reply at greater length but I'm almost out of keystrokes on my Dell.
>>
>>9681756
You have to make the font smaller so there's more words per page if you want to save on swipes.
>>
>>9681775
Is there a Starbucks near you? They've got a promotional right now--free keystrokes AND page swipes.
>>
Is this new mem? I like.

Bottom Text
>>
>>9681780
Alternatively you can purchase the screen expansion plug-in
>>
>>9681631
What are you talking about?

I have a Kindle Voyage and I don't have any sort of "swipe limit." I put a book on it and read as much or as little as I want. Period.
>>
>>9681804
t. Jeff Bezos
>>
>>9681804
Do you have an unlimited swipes plan?
>>
>>9681780
But that's just it. How the hell does it limit your page swipes? What kind of bullshit is that? The damn thing charges you to read your books? That sounds ridiculous.
>>
>>9681804
You probably havent read enough to hit the limit.
>>
>>9681819
You pay for the content - the intellectual property. The swipes are another thing entirely.
>>
>>9681841
But once I buy the kindle and access to the content, how is it then okay for there to be a limit on the amount of pages I can read at a time? How is that practice okay? Or am I understanding this incorrectly? How exactly does this whole thing work?
>>
>>9681804
you must have inadvertently signed up for unlimited swipes in your amazon setup. there's a $39.99 monthly charge for doing that, $19.99 if you went with the adds
>>
For a bunch of supposedly one of the highest intellect groups on 4chan you idiots sure are biting this bait hard.

>inb4 merely pretending
>>
>>9681855

What a terribly written sentence, accompanied by terrible bait.
>>
>>9681846
Well Kindle has to maintain their servers, and when you swipe on a page a laborer has to actually swipe the physical book that's being livestreamed to the screen of your e-reader
>>
>>9681846
see
>>9681849
>>
File: 1498453318162.jpg (55KB, 393x296px) Image search: [Google]
1498453318162.jpg
55KB, 393x296px
>tfw the next Kindle update installs a pseudometer that links directly to your 4chan account.
>>
is everyone in here trolling or are kindles really this bad
>>
>go to kindle center 20 minutes from home
>cant deposit my 10 $
>>
>kindle automatically bought and downloaded every James Baldwin novel for world fag day
>can't click out of it to carry on reading American Rust
>try skipping through the pages but there's a "cool down period" if I skip too fast
>message says "Wow there buddy, looks like you're reading way too fast! Try reading the page again!"
>tfw there's a 2 minute timer for every page now
>sitting here right now skipping a page every 2 minutes so I can go back to the novel I was reading
>>
>>9682398
that's for us to know and you to find out
>>
>bought my kindle in 2010
>set it on aeroplane mode since to avoid all these updates
>constantly get calls from Amazon Revenue Protection services to update my Kindle
>Have to disconnect my computer from the internet to upload new books on my kindle, or else it begins automatically patching
>aeroplane mode kindles are now going for 400 on eBay
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.