[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the individual supersede the community or does the community

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 20160807_143535.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160807_143535.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Does the individual supersede the community or does the community supersede the individual?
>>
How would one supersede the other and, if it is so, why can't you tell which one?
>>
All things outreach each other, while having some general implacable consistency in themeselves for periodic stretches at our timescale.

A community is an entity with an uncanny logic for maintaining itself within certain perimeters. So, at some point, is a person. The negotiation of the two is a dance, and might be symbiotic, or might be at odds. But they'll always be a mystery to each other.
>>
>>9679777

None can supplant the other completely; Can you build a house made of wood without carving the wood at all? Did not the house really change through many iterations in this process?

There is no nature vs nurture debate in the statistical study of complex systems. Everything works in retroactive feedbacks: the community modifies every individual by imposing ambient noise, and this noise is in turn modified by the average motion of the individuals, which then is fed back to the individuals themselves, and so on and so on. What you call the community is not a thing in itself but rather the emergent effect of the aggregation of individuals. Not superseding the individual but *surrounding* and *emerging* from it, and therefore also not exclusive to the individual.
>>
>>9679777

depends on which individual you are discussing.
i think beautiful people should be above all laws and allowed to do whatever they want
>>
>>9679777
depends what individual, what community?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.