[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which books made you feel smarter or more intelligent,in practical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Smart.jpg (139KB, 2136x1602px) Image search: [Google]
Smart.jpg
139KB, 2136x1602px
Which books made you feel smarter or more intelligent,in practical terms, after you read them?
>>
The Phenomenology of Spirit.
>>
>>9679734

How to Read a Book by Adler and Van Dorren
The Poetics and Rhetoric of Aristotle
Oedipus Rex by Sophocles
The Moral Discourses of Epictetus
Cratylus, Symposium and Phaedrus by Plato
>>
>>9679734
Stop promoting degeneracy.
>>
>>9680156
>implying beauty is degenerate
>impying sexuality is degenerate
>implying celebrity is degenerate
>implying wealth is degenerate
>>
>>9680167
Yes.
>>
>>9680176
I am so sorry ;..;

It must suck to be none of those.
>>
File: lit.jpg (7KB, 218x232px) Image search: [Google]
lit.jpg
7KB, 218x232px
>>9680182
noob
>>
File: LEL.jpg (8KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
LEL.jpg
8KB, 265x190px
>>9680407
>quoting a female author
>>
>>9680428
LEL? you lost the meme war years ago
>>
>>9680469
>U LOST THE MEMES WAR
>I HABE A BAGINA
>>
>>9680469
>LEL? you lost the meme war years ago

Are you serious?
>>
>>9679734
Smart books make you feel stupid. Stupid books make you feel smart.
>>
>>9679781
>The Poetics and Rhetoric of Aristotle
Only acceptable answer in your list. Among others, Symposium? Really? Humans with 6 limbs that move with rotary motion is your idea of literature that imparts practical intelligence? Or was it was the Platonic love?
>>
File: 7pVcq-.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
7pVcq-.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>9680167
>>
File: 1441458987605.jpg (22KB, 720x253px) Image search: [Google]
1441458987605.jpg
22KB, 720x253px
>>9680771
>>
Fiction? Dorian Gray
I was mentally talking in that voice and it essentially gave me the urge to think about more things

Non-fiction? A lot. The most recent two books I've been reading: The Grand Chessboard and On China have opened up a new paradigm of thought for me and are giving me a new lens to view the world with. In the same vein, reading (inbetween and on the lines) Heritage Foundation articles are fun. It's giving me the ability to think and talk about geo-strategic events with some authority.
>>
Akhenaten
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.