[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /lit/, /mu/ here. I have a question: who is the greatest lyricist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: looky here.gif (1022KB, 380x328px) Image search: [Google]
looky here.gif
1022KB, 380x328px
Hi /lit/, /mu/ here. I have a question: who is the greatest lyricist? I'm putting my bet on Robert Hunter, of the Grateful Dead. Listen to Box of Rain and tell me I'm wrong.
>>
Pink Floyd and Iron Maiden come to mind.

>t. Dad
>>
>>9677515
/lit/ will and should respond with James Joyce.
>>
idk maybe someone who won a nobel recently or something
>>
>>9677516
Pink floyd is up their personally for me, them and Jim Morrison

t. late 20's guy
>>
Tom Waits
>>
The best lyric will always be Keats

>>9677531
Hoogalie baloogalie the whole worlds misry
>>
>>9677515
Jeffery Magnum
>>
>>9677515
Tell me, anon. What exactly (or inexactly) is a 'Box of Rain' ?

(And does it have any relation to Louise's famous "handful of rain" (tempting you to defy it)?)
>>
>>9677515
well there's only one lyricist with a nobel
>>
Hildegard of Bingen
>>
>>9677515
The dude from the weakerthans
>>
File: flinchthecoccoonedmeat.gif (132KB, 634x360px) Image search: [Google]
flinchthecoccoonedmeat.gif
132KB, 634x360px
>>
File: IMG_0825.jpg (331KB, 2208x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0825.jpg
331KB, 2208x2208px
I'm going to go for Lin-Manuel Miranda.

a) Bi-lingual

b) Actually uses three syllable words

c) Respects operatic conventions (Arias and Recitatives, repeated echoes from the lead and chorus, voice is an actual melody)
>>
Joanna Newsom and it's not even close. Best since Dylan.
>>
File: johnd1.jpg (27KB, 425x283px) Image search: [Google]
johnd1.jpg
27KB, 425x283px
you already know
>>
I hate /mu/. Everyone there is either an impressionable adolescent that steals their father's vinyl records, or a borderline autistic manchild that obsesses over overrated figures, a limp-wristed cardigan-wearing Chuck Taylor-wearing over-emotional faggot who talks about how much of a feminist he is or how much he wants to protect the innocent persecuted Muslims that dindu nuffin, who releases his horny and disgusting sexual fantasies ("ohh man i wanna sniff grimes' dirty sweaty armpits and eat her fecal-crusted hairy asshole <3") on 4chan ANYWHERE where his idol is mentioned; Or a flannel-wearing nu-male with an undercut and an "epic beard" (a scraggly pube-looking rat's nest hanging from under his chin) who talks about how Kanye West is the greatest artist of this generation, and how hip-hop is an underrated genre that has artistic merit and is under-appreciated because of some subliminal white supremacy which is apparently hidden within the entirety of Western culture, as he and his other nu-male friends circlejerk about as "political discussion", and all the while only listening to trash like Kanye West or Danny Brown, and maybe a couple Tupac songs, so he can feel like as if he is holier-than-thou from the average white man, because he appreciates black culture.
I fucking hate /mu/. Get the fuck off this board.
>>
>>9677515
Homer
Now fuck back off to your waifu board
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.