[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an inspiration based writer. I can only effectively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Cityscape.jpg (566KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cityscape.jpg
566KB, 1920x1200px
I'm an inspiration based writer. I can only effectively start working when I'm inspired and I can rarely finish a work if I lose that inspiration before it's completed.

How do I transition into being a schedule based writer where I start and finish works based on a schedule so I can actually start making a living as a writer?
>>
>>9676510
>How do I transition into being a schedule based writer where I start and finish works based on a schedule so I can actually start making a living as a writer?

get a job writing
>>
Try to have a modicum of the fucking discipline your pot-smoking two-car-garage parents failed to instill in you.
>>
>>9676510
Detach yourself from the pieces you wish to make your living off of. No large work is written off of pure inspiration. You get some inspiration, get a start, then run with it. Outlines help big time if you run off inspiration. This way you know the essentials of what you want and then during times where you're feeling inspired you can fill in the gaps. But that's still not efficient enough to make a living from it. Wet your feet in some pisswater first before you want to swim in the ocean.
>>
>>9676520
Also this. Become an editor for some company.
>>
File: smiling-buddha.jpg (26KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
smiling-buddha.jpg
26KB, 450x360px
>>9676526

>Implying smoking weed doesn't increase your creative productivity
>>
>>9676527

>Detach yourself from your work

This sounds like awful advice for Art
>>
>>9676510
there's this trick
you have to go through a ritual that is nothing short of a series of dialysises, except you're seeking to replenish yourself with a cocktail of elating substances, accompanied with compatible acts to further assert your ego-frenzy, one that is achieved through years of experimenting and tuning to the extent that you are already well on your way of rockstar levels of experience as they are crystallized, and by the time you have found your optimal potions for stimulation, there is no more use for them as just the thought of how much you've pushed to the edge throughout the years, and the times you went over it, will place your mind in a whirl of cascading impressions that you might well call artificial inspiration. artificial, because it is despair masquerading as grandeur, a decline, that you can live without, only by accepting the lethargic void that remains.
>>
File: I hope my eyes deceive me.jpg (44KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
I hope my eyes deceive me.jpg
44KB, 540x300px
>>9677842

You thought this clever?
>>
>>9676800
You know drugs aren't allowed in Buddhism?
>>
>>9677866
Yeah but it's not advisable if you want to be a schedule based writer, unless it is destined to be both, this is a way to remain the creative writer for those who feel their inspiration is a finite commodity. Above all, it's a meme perpetuated by Hollywood.
>>
>>9677619
He said he wanted to make a living off of writing, not Art.
>>
>>9677842
If you add having kids to the end of this you'll find that what dipshit is talking about is very similar to the Bolano method.

Essentially, inspiration meets necessity.

Oh, and hey boyo, you gets that sarcasm into a infodump pronto and build your snowblower like I says to you before, or else I has got a world building exercise for you you aint gonna like.... Yahear me?
>>
>>9679291
Considering my options I think a little bit of advice won't hurt, what are you on about?
>>
>>9679233

You can't be serious with this
>>
>>9679361
I was just having fun with someone else's inferiority complex.

You are going through a problem that I struggle with too. And I believe it's just that way until it isn't anymore. You need a reason to even have your scheduled writing time become focused on producing a product for a marketplace. For this you need to develop the personality of someone with entrepreneurial skills, a true, honest to god salesman, or sophist. You need a disruption of your current state to gain a knack for writing down things in pure gold lettering.

A goal that isn't broken down into small steps to achieve is more of an illusion that satisfies a current state. You're inspiration is the Doughnut right now rather than three Doughnuts later. Inspiration should itself be dissected or dismantled and then put into the Dept. of research and experimentation - a Dept. that is only given limited funding, as the business can only thrive with a solid executive and management team that works closely with your manufacturing Dept. Also remember that time is money. Money is paper, or a fixed symbol, and that is what you need to mine. Raw product consumed and digested and expelled with the satisfaction that taking a shit entails.

Keep at one product until it is finished and then make time to sell it while continuing to produce shit.

Inspiration is what happens before you jerk off. Having a relationship where you get to have good sex on a regular basis doesn't come from inspiration. If you don't have someone you need to care for by writing for money, you need to use the sexual drive as a motivating factor to write.

It's no different than weight lifting or running for mental heath. It's about production and achieving lifestyle goals, and getting laid or providing for others.

Or else it's masturbation, or a coping mechanism, or a cognitive disorder whereby the fingers flay keys until the symbols are lost to all but the fingers.
>>
>>9679438
Dead serious. You're confusing Art and Entertainment. It's okay, you'll figure it out soon.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.