[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lmao what a piece of shit of a book. And there were people saying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 4929.jpg (55KB, 308x475px) Image search: [Google]
4929.jpg
55KB, 308x475px
Lmao what a piece of shit of a book. And there were people saying he should have won the Nobel baka
>>
>author sucks based on one work
hmm
>>
>>9676275

Ok, no kidding right now? are hist best works significantly better than this? Because this was avarege as fuck.
>>
>>9676285
Murakami is weeblite lit. He's as worthwhile as any other jap "genius." Take that as you will.
>>
>>9676247
hard-boiled wonderland and the end of the world is cool. his longer, denser works are not as good as they are cracked up to be though
>>
>>9676247
i didnt mind it, i had a good time reading it when i was 17.

whats everyones interpretations of the book? i know murakami said he had several ideas implemented but can anyone really take anything away from this book?
>>
>>9677146

That village inside the florest, which looked like a waiting room to a permanent death, was pretty interesting. That's pretty much the only thing I'm gonna keep from this book, I believe
>>
>>9677146
It's a fucking mess. Maybe he had a couple of good ideas but past the middle of the novel, it just all shat the bed and never recovered.
I was exstatic when the old dude was leaving Nakano ward, then it all spun into this weird fucking piece of shit completely unlike the first part of the story. I was looking forward to some resolution. Some action. It looked like it was going in that direction. Looked like the story it was building was finally going to really pay off. It looked like it was building towards something concrete. I was excited.
Turns out Murakami is a fucking hack and nothing like that was ever planned. It's like if you think up a pretty good story, then get to that middle-point where you have no fucking clue how to continue so you make up something ridiculous. And it got more ridiculous as it went on.
Not in the GOOD WEIRD way the first half was like. I loved that.

Don't even get me started on the ghost fucking.
>>
>>9677146
>>9678205
To answer your question:
> can anyone really take anything away from this book?

Yeah.
Don't publish a first draft of a fucking book. Hire an editor before publishing.
>>
>>9678208

This is actually a good point. Better editing might have made this an genuinely great novel.
>>
>>9676310
t. hasn't read any jap books

murakami is an American author who just happens to write in jap

if you dislike memekami you almost certainly like or appreciate stuff like kawabata or soseki and vice versa
>>
>>9678552

Recommend some truly good jap lit pls
>>
>>9679309

examples include, but are not limited to,

soseki - kokoro
kawabata - snow country, master of go
akutagawa - major short stories
tanizaki - makioka sisters
oe - a personal matter, the silent cry
>>
>>9680189

Thank you!
>>
>>9678205
Not that I'm defending Murakami or anything, but this is a general and weak analysis desu. Seem to just be saying "it was good, and then it was not good!" What are the particulars of it? What was it doing well? What made the shift occur? What was the novel doing or trying to do and what diverted it?
>>
>>9680888
I know bruh, this is not an analysis, this is just an imageboard post.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.