[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sometimes I can see the big picture. I can look at a bottle,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (393KB, 567x430px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
393KB, 567x430px
Sometimes I can see the big picture. I can look at a bottle, or a sunset and for maybe 2 or 3 seconds I'll see reality in a inhuman fashion, as if I were looking at what I was looking while mantaining no previous knowledge, directly realizing how weird and alien everything truly is. Every object, even the fact that I'm there looking at things, all of it seems nonsensical and, in a weird way, for the first time apparent, as if every other istance of perception I've experienced was in some way "foggy", too influenced by human matters and concepts.
As weird as it may sound, I'm chasing this sensation costantly, and I can't seem to get the hang of it. Somehow it appears to me that those moments are the most valuable moments of my life, the ones that above everything else I would not ever want to forget.

So, is there a word for this impression? Any literature about it, and how to make it part of your own experience?
>>
Sartre - Nausea
>>
This sounds like ego death, try psychedelics
>>
>>9675277
h boy, I know exactly what you mean, I think everyone gets these elusive moments. I love them, it feels so strange for the couple of seconds it takes your brain to catch up.
>>
>>9675422
That isn't even ego death. Here is my ego death experience (briefly):

My life had come to a point of stagnation. I was 28, working a pointless job as a cashier and living with roommates. We had come across a very reliable connection for clean, powerful LSD produced in a clandestine lab around Los Alamos, NM. I was taking trips once or twice a week for around 2 months when it happened. My roommate was upstairs with a girl who I had been sleeping with and who was now going to sleep with him. It didn't bother me much I thought and it wasn't unusual for us to share girlfriends openly. They weren't interested in dosing so I decided to take a very heavy dose for myself and went to my bedroom downstairs, which was unfurnished except for a futon on the floor and a small lamp (I had just moved in). I dropped the liquid onto my tongue and hopped in the shower to wait for the come up. To make a long story shorter, as I was coming out of the shower my towel fell off and I found myself walking into my unlit room, naked and cold with my roommate fucking a girl who I realized I had developed some strong feelings for. The mental pain sent me reeling and suddenly, every second of time became articulated, as though I had somehow broken the continuity of life. I experienced each moment separately with a high level of distinction. This went on for maybe five minutes but felt a great deal longer. I prayed silently for it to stop but it didn't. It forced me to realize empirically the nature of time, and that my identity was shattered and nothing more than a quick succession of fragments. I have not been able to recover the sense of self I had before that night.
>>
>>9675277
sounds like a flat earther
>>
>>9675638
sincerly, cool story bro

so much about thought and life is continuity, but the mind often has its times to drift around and escape whats infront, or abstractify, one focal perception in the mind, or more, jumping from relation to relation, to feeling, desire, past, present, future, what happened after that with the girl and you and your roomate? ever go more with her, did she stay with him a long time?
>>
>So, is there a word for this impression?

It's an aspect of Gnosis.
>>
>>9675277
I feel the same
>>
I get that when I isolate myself and do nothing but read and study. Sometimes I'll just look at an object, abstract it from everything else, including any preconceptions of my own, and really discover it for the first time. And then it's gone in a moment and I'm back in reality.
>>
File: 1495817747745.jpg (224KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495817747745.jpg
224KB, 1200x1200px
>>9675277
>how to make it part of your own experience

Yeah, sure.

1. Take LSD
2. Spend some time staring at a fish tank or mole rate exhibit or something. If you don't have anything like that handy, sit in a fucking car for ten minutes and make sure the windows are rolled up.

The next time you look at a bottle of something, you should get that profound sense of realization he's talking about. It's honestly not all that important, though.

The important thing is being good at schmoozing and like having personal like charisma and stuff.
>>
I get the same thing, OP. it's been happening more and more often lately. Usually when I'm about to fall asleep, I'll think of something in an extremely pure way - I don't know how else to describe it. But it's so fucking fleeting, and as soon as I recognize it's happening I come crashing back down into my own body.

I think the other anons are right, that's what ego death is. I've done a fair bit of acid and only come close once. I was at a festival and it was my first trip, and when I was peaking it's like I wasn't myself. I was super into designer fashion at the time, and I saw a dude with some designer garmz on and said to my friends "look at his shoes! real life anon loves those!" and the whole time was just me reconciling my high self with what I normally would be doing. I was trying so hard to hold onto normal ways of thinking that were "mine" but I couldn't completely, and the next day I was in such a weird mood, because suddenly it was like "why do I like anything, anyway?"

much less profound than that first anon's death though, that's true ego death. I do feel like that happens to me sometimes too - there's occasions where even in absolutely average everyday life I'm overcome by thoughts of how ridiculous the whole situation is. nonsensical comes to mind, like you said. Just over a week ago I was in a 7-11 on the eve of my last final of the semester, and I was in there just to buy a popsicle alone, but it was a packed 7-11. And these 4 short dudes were crowding around this huge dude, who was telling them about his draft process into the MLB. and they had so many questions and were just eating this guy up and complimenting his muscles, then started talking about this other baseball player in the MBL and how super Jewish he was - hella Jewish they said. literally SO Jewish! and the ball player said he's jewish too, and the small dudes are incredulous because they're all brothers in a jewish frat, and now they're going of course of course you're jewish, i knew it! look at my friend he's so jewish, his last name is goldberg for god's sake etc etc. meanwhile the poos in loo behind the counter are trying to take the orders of the rest of the customers, and a couple is making out by the slushee machine, and the whole thing was going on around me, paying me no mind, and i got to just eat everything up invisibly for minutes, and I couldn't believe it, it was like walking around inside a movie set and I was on cloud 9. and I got out the 7-11 and texted my brother "life is a simulation created solely for my enjoyment. there's no other explanation" and he responded that he was about to text me the exact same thoughts he was having. and I just sat eating my popsicle beneath palm trees and moonlight while the jewish frat flooded the street talking about baseball.

I felt high for the rest of the night, dunno if it was an acid flashback or what. It was so wild, it was like the whole universe revealed itself to me, i wandered dumbfounded for hours
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.