[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: john-green-ftr.jpg (176KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
john-green-ftr.jpg
176KB, 1440x900px
>I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.

Admit it; this is a masterful line, worthy of Shakespeare.
>>
>>9673517
Seriously though. It's not exactly masterful prose, but I do like this line. I think it's an accurate reflection of the feeling it's describing, and I have a soft spot for the sentimental.
>>
>>9673517
Dis dat gud Green doe
>>
>>9673535
Yes. but the point is that he said it elegantly and succinctly. He's good, he writes good prose, not the best but not bad. I don't like him because i think his stories are boring and I can't quite relate to the characters he builds or the emotions he tries to convey.
>>
>>9673517
>slowly, and then all at once.
Isn't that from a Hemingway book?
>>
>>9673555
>Yes. but the point is that he said it elegantly and succinctly. He's good, he writes good prose
Nope, that was taken from The Sun Also Rises. The scene where the guy describes how he went bankrupt lol
>>
Yes it's a pretty line.

I've never read a John Green book, but I disliked The Fault in our Stars the movie.
>>
>>9673517
He's got some good lines here and there.
>>
>>9673517
nice misquote you got there
>>
>>9673517
Lol, fucking john green, not even once
>>
K I T S C H
>>
File: logan kale.jpg (41KB, 275x207px) Image search: [Google]
logan kale.jpg
41KB, 275x207px
>>9673517

I always enjoyed the sexual tension between him and Jessica Alba.
>>
After Midnight Special came out Josh Larson recognized me from a photo and started communicating with me through his Podcast and on this board and on a blog along with Joe Rogan. JK Rowling and Zizek were also lurking at the time and I may have spoke to them. Emma Watson saw a photo of me which was the direct inspiration for Midnight special. JK Rowling mentioned me in a post regarding the Brexit vote. The day before the vote I changed my facebook photo and may have caused Brexit. The repercussions of this are probably not good. I watched the dollars trilogy a week later.
>>
>>9673565
The Sun Also Rises?
>>
>>9673517
I like his breakfast food analogies, they're really wholesome, like wheat toast.
>>
File: dm.jpg (90KB, 479x939px) Image search: [Google]
dm.jpg
90KB, 479x939px
>>9673740
>>
>>9673565
>“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

>“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”
It was more tasteful used in humour
>>
File: johnny boy.jpg (222KB, 1062x1600px) Image search: [Google]
johnny boy.jpg
222KB, 1062x1600px
>>9673517
>What a slut time is. She screws everybody.

Is this a good line?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.