[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /lit/ like Shakespeare? I've only read the stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 01KkaXUK.jpg (55KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
01KkaXUK.jpg
55KB, 472x472px
Does /lit/ like Shakespeare? I've only read the stories that I've been made to in school but recently I found a collection of all his works on my mom's old bookshelf and started going through it.

What's your favorite work of his? So far mine is still hamlet but I'm looking forward to king Henry IV, V and VI since I've heard good things.
>>
You'll want to read Richard II before you read Henry IV Part 1 and 2, and then Henry V. The four plays are linked together, and, as it were, tell a single story about the rise of Henry of Monmouth and the House of Lancaster.

My personal favorite is probably Henry V or Hamlet.
>>
Shakespeare's best play is Anthony and Cleopatra, and Cleopatra may be the most vivid character in Shakespeare, narrowly beating Hamlet and Falstaff.
>>
I'm a big fan of Richard III.
>>
>>9669179
My absolute nigger. I thought I was the only one who loved Antony and Cleopatra.
>>
>>9669173
>>9669189
The King Henry stories are sandwiched in between King Richard II and III. Gonna be hard to put down when I get to that part!
>>9669179
Is this the same cleopatra refrenced in pop culture as muh most beautiful women ever?
>>
Just started Troilus and Cressida. I like it so far, but I've only just finished the first act.
>>
File: feelspic.jpg (245KB, 664x800px) Image search: [Google]
feelspic.jpg
245KB, 664x800px
>>9669384
>tfw Thersites is literally you
>>
I've read many of his plays but I honestly can't say that I like him. I don't know what it is, either. People talk about how beautiful and intense his plays are, but they feel dry and sterile to me. I do like Julius Caesar and Romeo and Juliet, at least. I think I'd appreciate him more in general if I were able to take a class on him.
>>
>>9669162
Personal favorite: Hamlet
You should read the Henriad in internal chronological order.
>>
>>9669397
You should watch an adaptation, or listen to an audio version.
>>
>>9669210
Cleopatra wasn't the most beautiful woman ever. Looks wise, she wasn't much to write home about. Apparently she had the best personality ever, though. Oh, and she apparently gave the best blowjobs of all time.

I'm actually not memeing.
>>
I like a Midsummer Night's Dream because I like the mix of Greek mythology setting and fairy fantasy. I also liked The Tempest because it has a wizard.
>>
>>9669692
>Legend has it that Egyptian queen Cleopatra blew more than 100 Roman noblemen during a marathon orgy. The Greeks knew her as Meriochane ("she who gapes wide for 10,000 men")
What a gal
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.