[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"OMG I love Edgar Allen!" Cool cool, my favorite story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 1497434643022.jpg (15KB, 466x467px) Image search: [Google]
1497434643022.jpg
15KB, 466x467px
"OMG I love Edgar Allen!"
Cool cool, my favorite story is The Cask of Amontillado, wbu?
"The what?"
Ummm what about the Tale Tell Heart?
"..."
>only forced read The Raven in HS

Anyone have similar experiences?
>>
>>9667894
Yes, but I'm French, so it's Victor Hugo instead of Poe, and something like "Oceano Nox" or "Booz endormi" instead of "The Raven".
>>
I don't see why people get upset over stuff like this. It's just cute.
>>
>>9667964
It's not necessarily upset I felt. Im not some faggy I'm smarter than you how dare you talk about literature dude but if you claim to love an author try and be familiar with their work
>>
>favorite not Murders in the Rue Morgue or Masque of the red death for prose and The Conqueror Worm or City in the Sea for prose
D R O P P E D
>>
>>9668011
>A MONKEY DID IT
Way to go and invent a whole genre but in the dumbest plot twist possible.
>>
>>9668017
Heh
>>
>claims to "love" an author
>hasn't read their oeuvre three times over
>hasn't taken a class that focused entirely on the works of said author
>hasn't attempted to shoot a short film based on one of their works
>hasn't written numerous essays on why the author was so great
>hasn't written an entire novel in the style of said writer as a tribute to their greatness
>hasn't walked into a tattoo shop to get the author's name and portrait tattooed on their bare skin only to walk out because they realized their love for the author will always remain inside them and some trash skin adornment is an insult in comparison
>hasn't specifically forced memes related to author on 4chan that never caught on
>hasn't had a phase in their teenage years where they dressed and talked like the author

fucking plebs
>>
>>9668091
>>claims to "love" an author
>>hasn't read their oeuvre three times over
>>hasn't taken a class that focused entirely on the works of said author
Honestly not bad criteria.
>>
>>9668091
>implying the meme I tried to force regarding my favorite writer didn't catch on
>>
>>9667953
Why is/was he so incredibly popular in France?
>>
God forbid any of you get laid.
>>
>>9668108
he boned every woman in france- twice
>>
File: IMG_3847.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3847.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
he's a bad writer anyway, reading anything you weren't forced to is the true sign of a moron.
>>
>>9668108
Poe or Hugo?

Poe had a big influence on Baudelaire, which emerged as the master of the late 19th century poetry. Also he was translated by Baudelaire. In the end he feels like "our guy", more than any other American.

Hugo is the greatest French poet.
>>
>>9668017
You didn't get it
The monkey is their repressed homosexuality
>>
>>9667894

Just be glad anyone has read anything by an author you like. It's a lonely world, grab any light you can.
>>
>>9667894
>Anyone have similar experiences?

No, actually.
>>
>>9667894
Never happened to me with authors, but happens to me every time with bands

>The Beatles are my favorite band!
>Nice! What's your favorite album? Revolver? Sgt. Pepper? White Album? Abbey Road?
>Um...what's their greatest hits?
>(dies inside) 1?
>Yeah, that one. Uh, that one's really good.

>I love the Beach Boys. I listen to them all the time.
>Cool my dude. Same. Are you more of a Pet Sounds or a Smile guy?
>Hmm?
>You know...
>I don't know what you're talking about. I said the Beach Boys.
>>
>>9668250
>Poe
>>
>>9668362
how can you not even know that basic shit
>>
>>9668419
I don't know, I was genuinely stunned both times
>>
>>9668419
SMiLE isn't even a real album.
>>
>>9668250
also translated by Mallarmé, lest we forget.
>>
People who say Poe is their favourite are insufferable.
>>
File: 1489899162533.gif (2MB, 252x448px) Image search: [Google]
1489899162533.gif
2MB, 252x448px
My favorite was the Pit and the Pendulum, though it gave me some nightmares back when I was a little tyke. Used to dream about that thing swinging down lower and lower over my bed while I slept.
>>
>>9668419
>>9668362
Normalfags tend to only pay attention to track names. They don't have the patience to listen through an album.
>>
>>9667894
The Cask of Amontillado and The Tale Tell Heart are both shit tho...
>>
>>9670150
The Beatles is the most normie band out there, while The Beach Boys are a close second
>>
>>9667894
A favorite between the ages of 10 and 15, but no longer. One would like to have filmed his wedding.
>>
>>9668362
>"I love Danny Elfman!"
>Oh, hey, I love him too. Oingo Boingo is a really fun band.
>"Oink? What?"
>Oingo Boingo. The band that launched Danny Elfman to fame
>"No, he's an underground musician who writes music for Tim Burton"
I swear I should have gotten an aneurism during the mid 00s.
>>
>>9667894
> black lipstick

Why do girls wear this? It's very unattractive.
>>
>>9668362
I know this feel. I got rid of all my Best Of CDs when I was 13 and started to look into the best albums I could by the bands I previously owned Best Ofs of.

Best decision in my life regarding music collecting. Came across some of my favourite albums and songs that I wouldn't have otherwise.
>>
File: 1494344489577.jpg (9KB, 254x279px) Image search: [Google]
1494344489577.jpg
9KB, 254x279px
>>9668362
> in college
> anyone I knew in college who said "music is my life" never liked you asking of them "do you mean that a certain kind of music is your life, a certain band, or music in general?" because they always think they're open to everything, even if they listen exclusively to metalcore
> they're also the same people who skip every song that doesn't hook them in the first few seconds

College was the worst fucking time in the late 00s. I hate the young "adult."
>>
*whenst u like da black cat more than tell tale hart*

*dabs*
>>
>I love Lovecraft cthulhu and tentacles rite?
>finds out he didn't like niggers
>omg I hate Lovecraft now
>>
The Cask of Amontillado sucks, don't understand why it has such caché amongst literati type posers
>>
>>9667894
>Anyone have similar experiences?

yeah. I was just in a thread where the op was like how you described

>>9671187
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.