[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is any of L Ron Hubba-Bubba's books any good? i have no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Is any of L Ron Hubba-Bubba's books any good?

i have no interests in the Scientology nonsense, but i do love me some good Science-fiction and Fantasy story. and seeing how an entire religion became built around it, I would like to know the stories are good or just the ravings of a mentally disturb man who liked little boys a little too much
>>
I think most of the modern ones, Battlefield Earth and later, are ghost written for the CoS.

That said, I liked most of BE and the first few books of the Invaders Plan. Nothing astounding, but I remember it being decent old school scifi
>>
Leave it to millionaire Hollywood actors
>>
>an entire religion became built around [his sci-fi]
>liked little boys a little too much

L Ron's got plenty of sins, anon, but you haven't really done your research. Read Dianetics
>>
>>9663681
that suggestion sounds a bit suspicious
>>
>>9663657
I read all 10 tomes of invaders plan as a 11 year old. Even then the extended sex scenes were cringey as fuck, be prepared for pulp and lots of overuse of exclamation points. I dont recall any pedo shit.
>>
what books did he write
>>
>>9663657
most of his work has nothing to do with CoS, in fact, I think scientology hurt his reputation as an early master of dumb-fun pulp. Battlefield Earth is best after reading some 1930s scifi. he lifts lots of storytelling devices from his early peers and even dedicates the book to them, it pays homage to early scifi lazy writing and all. Also "Type writer in the sky" is his most influential work. P.S. "Fear" is not scifi but also legit
>>
>>9663657
Don't even bother, OP. They're trash that's thinly-veiled for scientologist beliefs. If you're not interested in joining, you won't like them. They won't even offer insight into the organisation or history.

It's blatant propaganda under the disguise of piss-poor pulp sci-fi. Just go back to Gene Wolfe if you want good sci-fi with religious subtext.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.