[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone read this? It has 4.15 on Goodreads... I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Has anyone read this? It has 4.15 on Goodreads... I don't understand how someone having the word 'ego' in the title of his book can also have such a retardedly undefined idea of what the word really means...the premise of the book is that consciousness and self-esteem is "the enemy," but as you read it, you'll find every conclusion drawn on this premise contradicts it...

4 point fucking 15....
>>
File: 149238.jpg (29KB, 318x398px) Image search: [Google]
149238.jpg
29KB, 318x398px
>>
>>9662366
Its author is one of those improveyouareselfyoutuber so Im not even slightly surprised
>>
File: 1493178539032.jpg (843KB, 648x2065px) Image search: [Google]
1493178539032.jpg
843KB, 648x2065px
>Goodreads
>>
>>9662366
There are some podcasts with Ryan Holiday promoting this book that basically describe 80% of the substance from the book in 15 minutes. But I'm not sure what's more unbearable - reading a book for 10 hours that you can learn from 15 min podcast, or listening to the pretentious Ryan Holiday speak for 15 minutes. Seriously there's something about him that is very unlikable. I listened to him on the Tim Ferriss, Aubrey Marcus and a few other podcasts and there's just something unlikable about him. A lot of what he says is great, sure, but he doesn't seem like someone I'd want to hang out with.

I would recommend Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin instead. Willink and Babin are some of the most decorated Navy SEALs of all time, and they became leadership consultants for Fortune 500 businesses after they retired from the SEALs. This, plus The War of Art by Steven Pressfield are the only self help books I take seriously.
>>
>>9662366
>Goodreads ratings

Lmao lad, we're talking about the site where Rupi kaur's book has a higher rating than all of Joyce' works, where Naked Lunch has a 3.41 or something average, where the top reviews from Heart Of Darkness is just people bitching about how they had to study it.

If you actually cares in what goes on in that shitshow, you're almost as bad as them.
>>
>>9662429
Good to know...its the first site that Google recommends, so I took it to be serious. Guess not.
>>
>>9662484
ignore ratings, look at the reviews and consider them on their own merit.
>>
he wrote one great book on viral marketing which is super relevant to anyone who wastes time on 4chan since probably 30% of posts on this site are marketing of some sort, but ops books is just a standard sales thing everyone knows, which is that when some prospect tells you to fuck off don't take it personally etc. so his first book "trust me i'm lying" is an important look into marketing in the social media age, but the rest of his books less and less insightful each time
>>
>>9662396
>After I read this I will probably cry

wh-what?
>>
The guy is a young really good writer, I don't know about the merits of this specific book. But his other stuff on marketing is nearly brilliant desu. Like him or not, he's a smart guy. I would be surprised if there wasn't anything valuable in this book, although i haven't read it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.