[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

you ever notice that James joyce never looked right at the camera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (18KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 620x330px
you ever notice that James joyce never looked right at the camera in photos and even when he did it looks really unnatural or clearly edited?
I have a theory that he was really cross-eyed (He often worse patches and even lenses that blurred the eye) and that's why his daughter (pictured) had the problem too.
>>
File: 537141455.jpg (346KB, 743x1024px) Image search: [Google]
537141455.jpg
346KB, 743x1024px
example
>>
does this look right to you?
>>
File: Joyce.jpg (414KB, 625x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Joyce.jpg
414KB, 625x1000px
i dunno i just think there's something weird about it
>>
>>9658063
this one suddenly gave me the willies
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 197x255px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 197x255px
they did it for lincoln, so it could be.
>>
File: image-w240.jpg (11KB, 240x285px) Image search: [Google]
image-w240.jpg
11KB, 240x285px
it jus aint right
>>
File: James-Joyce-007.jpg (29KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
James-Joyce-007.jpg
29KB, 460x276px
>>
there might be trickery afoot
>>
File: JamesJoyce-1.gif (14KB, 140x208px) Image search: [Google]
JamesJoyce-1.gif
14KB, 140x208px
i want to be wrong
>>
it would explain some things about ulysses.
I haven't read finnegans wake but I have heard it's heavily inspired by his daughter.
>>
No single problem made Joyce's eye operations, most of them on the left eye, necessary. With varying constancy between 1917 and 1941, he suffered from glaucoma, synecchia, iritis, conjunctivitis, episclerotis, retinal atrophy, and primary, secondary, and tertiary cataracts---all of them painful and incapacitating disease whose gravity and scariness no healthy-sighted person should underestimate. Iritis, in early stages it is said to give the sufferer the sensation of having gritty sand in the eye, and so it forces him into incessant, involuntary tearing and blinking whose unrelieving effect is only to exacerbate the condition. Closing the eye, far from relieving the pain, deepens it, and in severe cases, the pain radiates into the brow, the nose, the cheek, and the teeth, ultimately to bring on severe headaches (see Letters, III, 113-14). While sand can be washed out of the eye, iritis cannot. It either goes away or it doesn't, and in the latter case it can spread. Left untreated, it can ravage the affected eye entirely and overtake the second by "sympathetic infection." Advanced cases of iritis were "cured," in Joyce's day, by removing the entire eyeball. Hence the earliest of Joyce's eye operations: an iridectomy on the right eye (his "good eye") in 1917 was followed by two iridectomies on the left ("the broken window of my soul" [Letters, III, 111]).

it might be a cover-up
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.