[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you amassed 1200+ books >tfw you haven't read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7117.jpg (3MB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7117.jpg
3MB, 3456x2304px
>tfw you amassed 1200+ books
>tfw you haven't read most of them but planned to do
>tfw after a few years a lot of the books you planned to read don't interest you anymore

Guess I'll just sell a few hundred. Feels strange.
>>
So you're the narcissist who keeps starting "shelf" threads.
>>
>>9656699
I haven't even been here for months. I also don't think I ever started a shelf thread.
>>
Donate them to your local prison. It sounds like they could use them. Also, what's in the jar?
>>
>>9656690

I'll buy all of them from you for 50 bucks
>>
>>9656822
>Donate them to your local prison.

No way. I need the money.

>Also, what's in the jar?

Random words to fish out for me for when I want to write something.
>>
>>9656690
how did it take you more than a thousand books to realise you were not reading them? that's like "watching tv" every night for three years before realising it was meant to come out of the cardboard box
>>
OP I just loved and had at least the same amount. I gave 1/2 of them away to local charity stores, sold 1/4 of them, them packed up and took the books I couldn't part with.
>>
>>9656867
I did read 400+ of the books but I kept buying more than I could possibly read. While a big part of my shelves is dedicated for being there so I can look things up, I also have tons of fiction I just wanted to read and then simply didn't. Also, some of the books I had because they were pretty, like in the top shelf. I am definitely going to get rid of them, especially since they're worth a decent amount.
>>
>>9656878
FUCKING AUTOCORRECT--- I just MOVED***
>>
>>9656690
The envy is real.
>mfw I gave away 800-900 to an old folks' home because it was costing more to sell most than they were worth.
>>
Post up what you're gonna sell, OP.
>>
>>9656690
>buying books you don't plan to read
>maintain a large collection of books you don't read
For what purpose?
>>
>>9656902
Most of it is basically relatively unknown German authors and then some Greek and Latin classics along with English literature that looked interesting to me a while ago but doesn't anymore.

>>9656914
It's a great thing to just browse the shelves and find something that inspires you.
Also, I often would lend people some of my books.
>>
>>9656920
Which Germans? I've only got about 50 books of German lit, might be interested in some of yours if you'd sell on 4chan.
>>
>>9656927
https://pastebin.com/Vh5MVLqn

This is the kind of shit I'm planning to sell.

I will still keep a lot of books like my collection on German Expressionism, Gottfried Benn and Arno Schmidt, for example.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.