[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he still thinks desires are his own >it is thus in psychological

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 27276880.jpg (25KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
27276880.jpg
25KB, 267x400px
>he still thinks desires are his own

>it is thus in psychological time—the only time that has meaning—that the issue of recognition or misrecognition can be decided. It is also to be stressed yet again that recognition and misrecognition will take place in every single minute of physical time and that recognition, if it is to happen, will happen physically “now,” in the present, but will enlighten and heal all the preceding, earlier misrecognitions. Here we return to Proust’s insights about the search for lost time and time regained. As for the future, on the psychological level it represents nothing but a projection of the past and an imaginary repetition of memories.

>It is desire that engenders the self and by its movement brings the self to life.
>desire is the origin of the self. the self is therefore in reality a self- of-desire. Another desire, the desire of another model, will bring with it the emergence of a different self, an-other-self-of-an-other-desire.
>a psychological reality is not situated in the tranquil opacity of anyone’s “own body,” contained in the reassuring totality of a “self,” but rather in the mysterious transparency of the interdividual relation.

It's been getting mighty accelerationist in here, how about we take a Pause That Refreshes with a Girard thread. Baudrillard: the sad thing about artificial intelligence is that it lacks artifice and therefore intelligence. The ultimate monkey-wrench for Skynet is going to be a Gauloise cigarette, a peach and a fucking beautiful afternoon with absolutely nothing to do except read Shakespeare.

Is memory a third category to set aside Being and Becoming? Have I lost my goddamned mind? Let's find out.
>>
>>9656433

holy shit is girardfag back, fuck off you self important grandiose fuck
>>
>>9656477
Kek, I've been shitting up the Land threads for weeks.
>>
>>9656496
And by shitting up, I mean to say, losing my gourd over acceleration.
>>
>>9656433
I just starting looking for this book because of your last post and now what? Do I need to put myself down in your check box as needing to be crossed out? I'm curious, not clever.

And technically, Skynet will be a joke that lasts as comedy effaces all tragedy, and then no one will get that it was popular or even apart of fantasy culture. The artificial in AI is also a bad joke that can only become a slur against what is biological.

Enjoy Tolstoy's confessions, and pretend he's talking about robots. It hits the nerve, and stings beautifully before the prose-wash cleans you up nice and tidy.
>>
>>9656524
No check boxes or crossings to be found here.

>And technically, Skynet will be a joke that lasts as comedy effaces all tragedy, and then no one will get that it was popular or even apart of fantasy culture. The artificial in AI is also a bad joke that can only become a slur against what is biological.
Very possible. You need a pretty cosmic view of things to see the comedy in that, but it's not like that's impossible.

>Enjoy Tolstoy's confessions, and pretend he's talking about robots.
Interesting suggestion, cheers.
>>
File: Mary Elise Hayden-Slop-1.png (714KB, 1825x971px) Image search: [Google]
Mary Elise Hayden-Slop-1.png
714KB, 1825x971px
>>9656433
>As for the future, on the psychological level it represents nothing but a projection of the past and an imaginary repetition of memories.
Duh
>Another desire, the desire of another model, will bring with it the emergence of a different self, an-other-self-of-an-other-desire.
>a psychological reality is not situated in the tranquil opacity of anyone’s “own body,” contained in the reassuring totality of a “self,” but rather in the mysterious transparency of the interdividual relation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfYbgdo8e-8
>>
>>9656433
I hate how he fobs off Proust's work without saying anything about it at all, subtly forbidding the reader to question it unless they reveal themselves as being outside of the accepted intelligentsia milieu. In fact the whole accelerationist dogma is underpinned with this schoolboy chauvinism over having read some of a few obscure books. I detest it for its gluttonous aphorisms hiding what is at base cowardice and shame.
>>
>>9656566
>duh
duh

That clip is interesting, though. Brains are mighty keen. Catherine Malabou seems to be trying to slide in a very subtle kind of Hegelianism into neuroplasticity. It's an interesting argument, anyways. I prefer the nerve-shattering oscillation between Land/Girard at the moment for reasons I don't quite understand.

>I detest it for its gluttonous aphorisms hiding what is at base cowardice and shame.
You have a gift for hurling insults like a born chevalier. I can't even get mad.
>>
>>9656612
Thanks but I really think you would get more out of listening to "The Idiot" by Iggy Pop than you do from reading baudrillard et al.
>>
I thought you said you were, like, driving or something???
>>
File: Power_Kanye_West_music_video.png (405KB, 615x345px) Image search: [Google]
Power_Kanye_West_music_video.png
405KB, 615x345px
>>9656623
I was never a hip-hop guy and I don't plan on being one in the future, but there was a brief time last year when I started listening to it for exactly that reason: what are *those* guys saying about the problems of capitalism, violence and excess? I think it was Martin Shkreli who piqued my curiosity. I probably could have saved myself a lot of time reading old dead Marxist guys if I had just listened to more rap. Was interesting stuff.

Never was a punk guy but I'll try this out. Gotta go make some dinner now, thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>9656645
It was what Ian Curtis had on when he handed himself. Not really a punk album anyway. More of a masterpiece. Bone app the teeth.
>>
>>9656654
Hanged himself*. Maybe he was handing himself too I've not seen the photos.
>>
File: 1497827413468.jpg (89KB, 500x546px) Image search: [Google]
1497827413468.jpg
89KB, 500x546px
>>9656641
driving does not equal acceleration
>unless, i mean, you're talking about driving in *time,* in which case in a certain sense we are always being propelled by the force of the unconscious - or should it be likened to a paraconscious? - flung into the world, as heidegger says, and -
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.