[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best and most concise introduction to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: digital-advertising.jpg (642KB, 1200x522px) Image search: [Google]
digital-advertising.jpg
642KB, 1200x522px
What's the best and most concise introduction to the theory of advertising?
>>
>>9650274
Hopsin's song Fly
>>
File: mcluhan1234.jpg (50KB, 647x389px) Image search: [Google]
mcluhan1234.jpg
50KB, 647x389px
>>
>>9650274

Marxism. Stop thinking you can have "just" a theory of advertising. Totalization is the bare minimum of intelligibility for social phenomena in a society such as capitalism.
>>
>>9650325

This, somewhat. Understanding the way people are driven to consume and the superposition of economic value over subjective values is fundamental to advertisement. It directly conflates with semiotics and how to induce specific meanings into people-to-object interactions.

There is something I think communicators call "Persuasion theory" but I don't buy into giving this shit a new name just to sell it to a different crowd. If you want to advertise, learn Psychology. Read up on Gattari, Jung, Deleuze, Freud, etc. and come up with your own thoughts about how people work. Be wary of putting the words "best" and "concise" together though, I don't know of any summaries to recommend.
>>
>>9650299
This, my dude. Read Medium is the Massage and then, if you're really interested, Understanding Media.
>>
>>9650325
>>9650347
These anons are on the right track. If you can't be bothered to read anything contextual to advertising you can try watching The Century of the Self for a somewhat superficial account of advertising in early 20th century America. It uses Freud as a jumping off point for the historical shift in advertising theory and will likely interest you in looking deeper.
>>
>>9650958
>>9650347
How valuable is Freud based on the accuracy of his work alone?
>>
>>9650274

Generation P
>>
File: 97.jpg (112KB, 500x746px) Image search: [Google]
97.jpg
112KB, 500x746px
>>9650347
what a fucking pseud

>>9650966
zero
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.