[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My taste in literature is generally straightforward. I Hemingway

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Infinite_jest_cover.jpg (28KB, 300x464px) Image search: [Google]
Infinite_jest_cover.jpg
28KB, 300x464px
My taste in literature is generally straightforward. I Hemingway and Steinbeck and Nabokov and others who are mentioned in that vein. I tried reading Gravity's Rainbow at one point, and I recognized a sort of charm in it, but otherwise it made me feel too lost and I dropped it about 60 pages in.

That all being said, is it a waste of time for somebody like me to try to tackle this one? I don't care if you call me a pleb, I can say with confidence that I'm a more well rounded individual than any of you, I'm just curious about whether or not I should spend my money on this.
>>
decent bait, will probably get a lot of (You)s
>>
Infinite Jest is not a hard book. I got it as a teenager

It's an insecure book. It tries to cram as much clever fluff in to distract from the relatively superficial exploration of social theories

Contrast Gravity's rainbow, whose irreverent nature and layered imagery is actually part of the point, thus making you directly engage with it. Infinite Jest is a Xanax to make you think you're smart and feel comfortable with that
>>
infinite jest is just a very clever and inventive comedy routine. nothing more. it's not hard to understand, but sometimes it can be kindof hard to read because of how different the prose can be at times than standard writing.
>>
you don't deserve a you so have a Fuck You instead
>>
File: 1444876196875.jpg (54KB, 624x663px) Image search: [Google]
1444876196875.jpg
54KB, 624x663px
why does every IJ post have endless follow up posts of "precocious toddlers can understand it"
>>
>>9648836
Fuck you. Just read the book you fucking pussy. Do you seriously need the validation of a few dozen self-loathing anonymous faggots who if you saw in real life would have zero credibility to you? Fuck you. Put your dick on the edge of the table and smash it with the spine end of a dirty used copy of Infinite Jest.
>>
A fuck >>9649197 ?
>>
>>9648848
if Infinite Jest is xanax, what drug is gravity's rainbow?
>>
>>9649251
Sodium amytal
>>
File: infinite_cringe.png (220KB, 347x440px) Image search: [Google]
infinite_cringe.png
220KB, 347x440px
>>9648836

>feeling the need to defend your ego from insults on an anonymous message board

You're a pseud, by nature.
>>
>>9648836
You know I've been browsing /lit/ for about a decade now, and many times I wished someone could reach thru the screen and strangle the fucking idiot on the other side. And you make me wish this the most.
>>
>>9648836
DL it on libgen, read and buy if you like?
>>
>>9649246
triggered much?
>>
>>9649297
>projecting
>>
File: dontfuckwallace.png (267KB, 453x372px) Image search: [Google]
dontfuckwallace.png
267KB, 453x372px
>>9649553
>>9649547
get out
>>
>>9649250
good post my lad
>>
>>9649251
What book is LSD?
>>
>>9649246
>Put your dick on the edge of the table and smash it with the spine end of a dirty used copy of Infinite Jest.

FUCKING KEK
/thread
>>
>>9649251
crystal weed
>>
>>9650791
Finnigans wake
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.