[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else bad handwriting here? Can you really fix poor penmanship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (48KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 400x301px
Who else bad handwriting here? Can you really fix poor penmanship past the point of childhood, or is it basically with you for life? If so, what are the best means of improving it?
>>
Hm, I dunno -- but I'd hazard a guess that improving penmanship is somewhere in the fucking wheelhouse of human capability.
>>
>>9648362

I mean mine has improved somewhat, but was always not great. Elementary school teachers used to say it wasn't an issue worth addressing, as, "everything would be typed in the future." I feel like I was cheated and robbed.
>>
People with exceptionally messy handwriting, to the point where no one else can even make out what they're writing, are autistic. Even worse is when they disgrace a book by scribbling their disgusting notes in it.
>>
>>9648439
Are they?
>>
>>9648439
>believes in Jesus
>>
File: [shitposts sadly].jpg (41KB, 389x379px) Image search: [Google]
[shitposts sadly].jpg
41KB, 389x379px
>>9648439
>tfw literally diagnosed with autism
>had to take finals in a computer because of how incomprehensible my hand writing was
i'm still pretty sure i was misdiagnosed, though.
>>
>>9648432
What kind of terrible elementary school did you go to? Mine taught us cursive in 2nd grade and cared deeply about how readable our handwriting was. Then again, I did go to a private school.
>>
There are "hand-writers" who get tired and hurt themselves, and get butthurt halfway through an answer. Then there are "shoulder writers" which if they can do it properly have aesthetic handwriting. People who don't "hand-write" but haven't figured out (or don't have) the neurons to "shoulder write" are just plain unaesthetic, even if they have talent.
>>
been stalking this thread for over an hour now, can someone actually give advice on how to improve handwriting?
>>
>>9648601
Stop jerking it.
>>
>>9648601
Quit gripping your writing utensil so hard. Actually attempt to write neater. A lot of your bad habits are just habits and can be broken with purposeful correction. Get some printer paper and a pencil and practice it out. Also stop being a slob.
>>
File: C45bnitUkAcYyuo.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
C45bnitUkAcYyuo.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>adults with horrible handwriting
>>
>>9648354
Practise.
I spent 20 mins a day for like three weeks past summer working on my handwriting - found a style online that I liked, copied letter by letter and repeated until I could do it relatively fast. First lines of aaaa, bbbb etc, then copying passages from books (extra literary gains as well).
You can do it, brah.
>>
File: spongebob-homework.gif (140KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob-homework.gif
140KB, 500x364px
>>9648354

> Can you really fix poor penmanship past the point of childhood [...]

Yes.

>[...] what are the best means of improving it?

I had poor handwriting during middle and high school. High school teacher told me that my handwriting was "chicken scratch" (in front of the class). I went home and started to teach myself calligraphy from a book; I practiced almost everyday for a month, and improved my handwriting legibility exponentially.

tldr: "Practice makes better."
>>
I've been studying Korean & started writing long hand again. I was fucking disgusted by my shitty English notes, so I made an effort to slow down & write properly. If I fucked a word up even a bit I crossed that shit out & fucking rewrote it. About two weeks later (1hr a day at lunchtimes workdays only), it was fixed.
>>
I improved mine greatly using this pdf:

http://66.147.242.192/%7Eoperinan/8/2/205.html

It teaches you the italic handwriting that Icelandic children learn in school.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.