[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We drove here for six hours on a sunny March day. After the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: a8Mgx4Q_700b_v1.jpg (40KB, 540x408px) Image search: [Google]
a8Mgx4Q_700b_v1.jpg
40KB, 540x408px
We drove here for six hours on a sunny March day. After the first ceremony I slept a few brief hours on the thin foam mattress and although by any right I should have been exhausted, I felt fine. Having it again so soon, the day after the last ceremony, seemed crazy, but that was what we came here for.

In the afternoon, they dimmed the lights and the shaman performed his rites again. She sat to the left of me. When my turn came, I walked to the center and sat, cross legged. I drank the foul concoction as fast as I could. Soon it began.

Everything was different this time - gone was the easy feeling of euphoria and unity, today I was in for a difficult journey. After the usual feelings of nausea and brief geometric illusions had passed, my consciousness was taken by storm. The calculating creature that holds the reigns of my soul stood firm, I sat with my back straight against the wall with my hands resting on my knees on the sides of my body. Unmoving on the outside, I felt my mind roil with every thought. After my eyes adapted to the darkness of the room, broken only slightly by the evening light seeping in from the garden, I could see the movement of the moaning and wailing figures in the circle. The rhythmic music flowed through me, angelic, lifting me like a tide.

As I broke apart and came back again and again, time flowed through the thick gloom. I became aware and felt I needed air. Sailing on shaking legs through a crooked room, I entered the corridor and saw her, with a smile spilled on her face. Before my mind could register what had happened, she hugged me tight and whispered excitedly that she thought she had lost me forever. After a moment I put my arms around her familiar, awkward form and sunk my head in her hair. The creature slipped in its control, and all the feelings of our years together came crashing in. I was drowning in love, all of it at once, every drop.

I walked out into the cold night and stepped on the grass with my bare feet. In moments I ran for miles in the garden, and stopped by a tree. The creature was busy steering my mind to analyze my drowning conscience, and I punched the tree until my knuckles bled. The sharp pain brought me focus as the air cut through my lungs. I walked back and sat against the wall, next to her.
>>
Awful? Confusing? Any feedback is appreciated...
>>
>>9647214
brains in the top 3 at least
>>
still looking for any feedback...
>>
>>9647214
>>9647233
Awful and confusing. Unnecessarily complex syntax: there is no reason for that dash to be there in the third paragraph, for example; splitting it into two sentences would have been fine. And you also run into comma splices.

Prose itself is very close to being purple. You use a lot of words and barely say much of anything. At least half of the words you used produced no deeper meaning or understanding. A lot of sentences are also exceptionally awkward, such as this one:
> We drove here for six hours on a sunny March day.
Grammatically incorrect and annoying. It should be: We spent six hours driving there on a sunny day in March.

Actually, you know what, I'll just do my best to rewrite this while remaining faithful to what you already have before I go to sleep.

We spent six hours driving there on a sunny day in March. I slept but a few brief hours on an uncomfortable foam mattress after the first ceremony of the day. Although I should have felt exhausted, I felt fine. Having another ceremony just a day after the last one felt absurd, but that absurdness is what we came here for.

They dimmed the lights in the afternoon and the shaman began to perform his rites. I walked to the center and sat appropriately when my turn came. I downed the foul concoction as fast as I could, and it began quickly to take effect.

Everything was different this time. The feelings of euphoria and unity were altogether gone and I knew that the day would be a difficult journey indeed. My consciousness was wholly seized after the usual stage of nausea and geometric illusions had passed. My soul stood firm against the tide as my body braced itself against the wall. My mind rolled and roiled with every thought. My eyes began to adjust to the darkness and I saw wailing figures dancing under muted rays of evening light. A tide of rhythmic music captured me in its current.

I faded out and in and then back again as time passed in the gloomy room. My mind and body screamed for clean air and I stumbled through the room of murmurous darkness. I staggered into a corridor and saw her there, with a smile on her pale face. She collapsed into me and held me and worried that she had lost me forever. I held her then, assuring myself and her that I would not be going anywhere. My distant life and self flooded back into my mind and I began to drown in it. All the memories of us and love. I was myself again, and I was in love indeed.

I walked out into the frosty grass and felt the wonders of night. I ran all around the vast garden lit by moonlight, stopping and resting below a stoic evergreen tree. I felt the beast begin to seize me again so I bashed my fists against that tree until I began to bleed. The pain pushed him away, and I walked back over to where she rested against a wall.
>>
Hey,

Thanks for the honest feedback! You are right about the driving sentence. I guess I can be too ornate sometimes. Did you at least feel curious in regards to what this is about, or the characters?

I don't really like your rewrite - it changed the meaning of everything and killed the sea-related undertones.
>>
why do ppl post horrible writing on here
>>
>>9647406
I mean... where else? /b/?
>>
>>9647414
just keep it to urself, or go make a tumblr like every other dumbass kid
>>
>>9647415
Well, by the same token you can keep your comments to yourself, or write them on a piece of paper, roll it into a cylinder and stick them up your asshole like every other dumbass kid.
>>
>>9647214

Your picture annoys me. What other organ will make that judgement?
>>
>>9647214
that's awful!
do you think that way too? for me it sounds so fucking gay.
who reads books? men. so write like one!

>on the thin foam mattress
>the day after the last ceremony, seemed crazy
> my consciousness was taken by storm
>rhythmic music flowed through me, angelic, lifting me like a tide
>>
>>9648369
None, but I guess that's the point. Is making judgments the most important thing?
>>
>>9648515
So, I kind of get what you mean relative to the last two. What's so unmanly about a thin foam mattress?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.