[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this abridged edition of The Gulag Archipelago still an acceptable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I didn't notice it was an abridged edition until after I had purchased it due to my severe retardation. Will I be missing out on too terribly much?
>>
google it fag
>>
>>9646834
This, books like this, if you need to refer to an unincluded section then you're able to google it. Otherwise, it's handy to have on your bookshelf. In some cases the full edition might be too expensive. Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire is a multi-volume set that in a condensed form 1,000 pages long is like the Reader's Digest version of Infinite Jest.
>>
>>9646830
It depends if you're in it for the long dive or just want a decent snapshot. Keep in mind Gulag is not exactly accurate in terms of numbers. Even the most 'muh black book of communism' liberal estimate trims his death toll by like half.
>>
The original was unacceptable
>>
>>9646830
Unabridged is out of print, but can be bought used.

Says on the cover the abridgment was authorized by Solzhenitsyn.
>>
>>9646830
Does it leave out the part where he names the Jew?
>>
It's a good read, you won't get the full story or scope of his work though so read it first then the full series. I know it's hard to commit to 3 parts but they are worth it.
>>
I have Cancer Ward and haven't read it but I did like One Day a lot even though it was pretty straightforward. Is Cancer Ward worth a read through?
>>
>>9649696
Yes and it's super depressing
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.