[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In Paradise Lost when Adam and Eve are fallen they ask themselves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: a134569867958797987.png (878KB, 806x1024px) Image search: [Google]
a134569867958797987.png
878KB, 806x1024px
In Paradise Lost when Adam and Eve are fallen they ask themselves
>Why should we even go on living?
>"Increase and multiplay" my ass, why would we put children in this fucked-up world?
Then Michael comes and gives Adam a vision of basically the whole bible, and he sees how shitty the world will be, but in the end mankind will be redeemed by Jesus, so they embrace life, knowing that their first sons will kill each other and basically all of mankind will suffer

Isn't that basically a very Kierkegaardian outlook on existence?
That the world is shitty and existence is pain and can only be redeemed by a "leap of faith"

I like that Milton chose this really pessimistic (and at the same time quite optimistic) outlook, I mean he could've easily when the road a la "hur hur the world is shit but at least we still have each other, true love will prevaill jada jada"
Pessmistic in the sense of; there's no earthly thing, not even pure love (as with Adam and Eve) that can redeem the suffering of existence
but at the same time having the faith that "the good guys" will win in the end

not a christian btw. so, yea, we are fucked
>>
>I'm god so just trust me
How do we know for a fact that a "revealed" knowledge and religion isn't the work of Satan himself and god is merely cringing for eternity because the devil convinced us to leave paradise to suffer and then convinced us he was god and convinced us that suffering was part of his plan. How do you know that when you pray that demons aren't intercepting the prayer energy and converting it into wet fart sounds before it reaches the ears of God? This to me is what The Castle was about.
>>
>>9647750
>How do you know
we don't, hence leap of faith

don't think your theological scenario has as much weight as Milton's
>>
>>9647800
I don't know about weight but I prefer The Castle to Paradise Loft as a theological comment anyway.
>>
>>9647800
>Leap of faith
This is exactly what lucifer was trying to get Christ to do when he brought him to a very high place during the desert temptation scene. Christ didn't do it.
Gnosis>Faith
>>
>>9647811
Shit, that was really good if you came up with it yourself, actually. If someone else did, well, good for them.
>>
>>9647820
I just extemporized it so thank you
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.