[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm currently planning to write a book about a guy and his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160916_062955.jpg (164KB, 1280x964px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160916_062955.jpg
164KB, 1280x964px
I'm currently planning to write a book about a guy and his friends that started going to the university, with focus on their lives, feelings, and projects
I'd like get some advice from you, because I'm new in the whole creative writing thing.
I'm not forcing myself into this, I didn't just wake up and say "hey let's write a book", it's a story I always wanted to bring to life
It's not going to be yet another tumblr girl book: irony is going to be an important element of the whole novel, it doesn't have to be something heavy, but instead it should be enjoyable by people from 16 to 24 years old

So, long story short: any suggestion for a newbie writer?
>>
>>9644014
You don't plan literary devices. You write meaningfully then artistically mask your own meaning
>>
File: beebat.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
beebat.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
Learn the elements of plot. Use them.

Seriously, the first mistake newbie writers make is forgetting about plot. You don't have to follow some paint0by-numbers bullshit outline. But give your readers a fucking story.
>>
>>9645098
t. insufferable peanut-brained genrepleb
>>
>>9645098
>writing for plot
>>
>>9645098
Pretty much this. At the base of it, writing is storytelling. That means writing interesting situations with strong characters. Just for an example, one of the biggest newbie mistakes is writing a story without a strong main conflict.

If you can write a basic story where shit actually happens and characters evolve from point A to point B, then you're successful. If you can do that and infuse it with literary meaning and aesthetic ability, then you're on the path towards excellence.
>>
>>9644014
Are you fat? Why do you specifically mention it's not going to be a tumblr girl thing? Are you one of those gender-whatever people?
>>
>>9644820
Well, maybe that's not exactly my case, think of the book like it's some kind of light novel. I'm not going into "deep" literature

>>9645098
>>9645187
I thought the same, and I'm always scared I'll forget about this
Maybe it's the main reason I started reading less and less through the years, I simply couldn't get into what I was reading (I'm talking about contemporary stuff). I'm 18 and I used to read the kind of stuff the book shops have in the teenage fiction area; I'm actually a lot selective about the books I end up buying, but I can't remember a lot of these books I actually ended up enjoying
Thank you

>>9645455
>Are you fat?
No
>Why do you specifically mention it's not going to be a tumblr girl thing?
Because nowadays if you mention guys that go to school together there's a good chance that it's going to be some kind John Green shit. I wanted to make clear that's not the case
>Are you one of those gender-whatever people?
Boi, no
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.