[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good post apocalyptic novels that involve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Are there any good post apocalyptic novels that involve rebuilding society?
>>
NCR is a nation of whores and thieves. Pick a better example.
>>
>>9641793
canticle for leibowitz, lucifers hammer
>>
>>9641801
I never understood why anyone would think rebuilding the same old liberal shithole would be a good thing. Yes man is the only option
>>
no.
>>
Caesar is the best option
>>
File: michaelscott.png (89KB, 399x382px)
michaelscott.png
89KB, 399x382px
>>9641856
>>9642005
>>
>>9642099
Non-Elijah fags need to be gassed
>>
canticle for leibowitz....to an extent
>>
>>9641856
House thinks its a good idea because all that degenerate money funds his R&D
>>
The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham
>>
The Bible.
>>
>>9641793
>would think rebuilding the same old liberal shithole would be a good thing. Yes man is the only opti
Rule New Vegas Yourself! Like if Paul Mua'dib was a mailman
>>
File: 71UXHYOQBkL.jpg (214KB, 850x1360px) Image search: [Google]
71UXHYOQBkL.jpg
214KB, 850x1360px
>>9641793
Unironically, this series will likely end up being about that. Only 3 books in, still in the process of travelling to reach a specific destination, but it's already including hunting, bottling meat to preserve it, making ammunition out of casings/powder/primers/bullets, and as time goes on the smokeless powder will all dry up and, if they're lucky, they will have figured out the process of making black powder by that point. Once all primers are used up, if they haven't figured out a way to make home-made primers (meaning if I have not figured out a way IRL to make home-made primers) then they will have to develop some flintlock muskets. They WILL make their own black powder, as will I at some point I imagine, but if it takes too long then once ammunition is expended they'll be stuck with strictly using melee until they get some bows or crossbows on the go and eventually muskets will come about at the very least.

Focus on melee, conserve ammunition, and so on and so forth. There will be many sequels to come and also probably some prequels going back to when the infection first started, and who knows, maybe even reaching earlier to explore what the characters did BEFORE the apocalypse struck. Anyways, the book will be free tomorrow on June 17th, as will others. Or you could just buy it; it's less than a US dollar. The two sequels are around three bucks US.
>>
>>9641793
OP
have you ever come across
>The Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect
?
>>
the bible
>>
The Book of the New Sun
>>9645396
also this, the Bible is far future
>>
>>9643185
Unironically this.
>>
>>9641793
Are there two bears or one bear with two heads?
>>
>>9646406
two heads
>>
Riddley Walker, kind of.
>>
The only good ones are where society is perpetually fucked.

No one really wants rising above the shit or happy endings in those types of novels.
>>
>>9647033
normies do, though. normies want post-apocolyptic bonald grumpf nazi dystopias being overthrown by peppy communist women and minorities
see hunger games and its copy cats
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.