[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Happy Bloomsday /lit/! What's your favourite episode? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (5KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 227x222px
Happy Bloomsday /lit/!
What's your favourite episode?
What does the bar of soap represent?
Who is the man in the mackintosh?
Which version of the text is best?
What does Ulysses mean to you?
>>
>>9641731
My sweet little whorish Nora I did as you told me, you dirty little girl, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being fucked arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I fucked you for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest fucking I ever gave you, darling. My prick was stuck in you for hours, fucking in and out under your upturned rump. I felt your fat sweaty buttocks under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every fuck I gave you your shameless tongue came bursting out through your lips and if a gave you a bigger stronger fuck than usual, fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fuck a farting woman when every fuck drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora’s fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.

You say when I go back you will suck me off and you want me to lick your cunt, you little depraved blackguard. I hope you will surprise me some time when I am asleep dressed, steal over to me with a whore’s glow in your slumberous eyes, gently undo button after button in the fly of my trousers and gently take out your lover’s fat mickey, lap it up in your moist mouth and suck away at it till it gets fatter and stiffer and comes off in your mouth. Sometimes too I shall surprise you asleep, lift up your skirts and open your drawers gently, then lie down gently by you and begin to lick lazily round your bush. You will begin to stir uneasily then I will lick the lips of my darling’s cunt. You will begin to groan and grunt and sigh and fart with lust in your sleep. Then I will lick up faster and faster like a ravenous dog until your cunt is a mass of slime and your body wriggling wildly.

Goodnight, my little farting Nora, my dirty little fuckbird! There is one lovely word, darling, you have underlined to make me pull myself off better. Write me more about that and yourself, sweetly, dirtier, dirtier.
>>
>>9641731
I really do wish to go spend a Bloomsday to Ireland.

>What's your favourite episode?
Either Circe or Penelope
What does the bar of soap represent?
Taking rich people's fat and making it into soap to sell back to rich people.
Which version of the text is best?
I only read mine, the Wordsworth edition, so i wouldn't know.
What does Ulysses mean to you?
Other artists, specially Fernando Pessoa, had helped already appreciate the small things, the very small things in life. I think Ulysses is the book that fully solidified that for me, essentially making an epic into a normal day, and making me invested for some solid 600 pages.
More than that, i think it's a lot more accessible than people give it credit for. Although it's filled with allusions that can be hard to get, it's very humorous and heart warming, and that characters are all very human, realistic and relatable (which is understandable, since they're just normal people). I think Joyce understood slice-of-life like no other man, and Ulysses is the greatest slice of life book of all time. Finnegans Wake is still my favorite of is tho.
>>
>>9641731
>What's your favourite episode?

Either Oxen of the Sun or Scylla and Charybdis.
>>
>favourite episode
A tie between Hades and Wandering Rocks.
>what does the bar od soap represent
No idea.
>who is the man in the mackintosh
Maybe Joyce himself?
>which version of the text is best
I've only read one, so I can't say.
>what does Ulysses mean to you
It's a grand ride from beginning to end, I love its scope and how many references there are. Other than increasing my already present feeling that a normal life can he as heroic and epic as some hero's, it also made me not disgusted at the material as I was before - I feel that that was one of Joyce's messages too. We have acts of defecation, masturbation and so on all portrayed, and they are usually looked at disgustingly by society (well, the latter not so much), but I feel Joyce is telling us to embrace it.
>>9641988
Excellent post, I wish I could get into Finnegans Wake.
>>
Thanks for the reminder op -- somewhat embarrassed that I forgot. Need to pick up Ulysses again and read a third time while I procrastinate on opening McElroy's Women and Men.

To the question -- my favorite chapter is on the beach with the gimp.
>>
>>9641988
I'm in Dublin right now. It's the same but with some straw hats and Davy Byrne's is selling a gorgonzola sandwich and a glass of wine for thirteen quid.
>>
>>9644758
i know it's the same lad, but my literary autism knows no bounds. and like i said, joy in small things.
>>
>>9644801
Honestly I'd come any other day and do one of the walking tours or even just the Joyce museum in Dalkey. It's in the Martello tower from the operation information chapter.

Bloomsday is a cod.
>>
Conclusion of Part 2, Bloom's vision of his dead child, and all leading up to it.
>>
File: manga ulysses.png (925KB, 1002x562px) Image search: [Google]
manga ulysses.png
925KB, 1002x562px
reminder that Manga Ulysses is the only way to read Ulysses
>>
>>9645326
is... is this a thing?
Is it good? How's the last chapter translate to manga?
>>
>>9645406

I think you can tell from the first two panels that it's quite bad. Joyce would never have written dialogue remotely so insipid. Nonetheless, I admit I'm intrigued too. For me the acid test is how they do "Circe." Are they willing to go all out?
>>
>>9645406
I don't know. That isn't my picture. I remember flipping through it at a book store among other "Manga Classic Readers" and it all seemed very straight forward.

>>9645447
Also, that's not a very plump Buck Mulligan.
>>
>>9645326
that dialogue never happens in the book though. it sounds so anime-ish and unlike Joyce.

>Stephen freed his arm quietly.
>--Do you wish me to tell you? he asked
>--Yes, what is it? Buck Mulligan answered. I don't remember anything.
>--You said: O, it's only Stephen, who was too shy to ask out his sweetheart, Emma.
>--Did I say that? he asked. I'm so sorry.
>--Mulligan-san, Are you really sorry?
>--I mean it, Kinch-kun. My comment was rude. I didn't know it would hurt your feelings.
>>
I read it all except for the last episode recently. I'm an idiot so I probably didn't understand more than half of it. I still enjoyed it a lot because I could relate entirely too much to Stephen's regret about his mother and his feelings about coming back from Paris without having accomplished anything.

I liked Proteus and Circe the most.
>>
>>9641731
Oxen in the Sun
The moral right to pleasure
Joyce, the man himself, inhabiting his own novel
Beats me. The 1960 text, I guess.
What >>9641988 said.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.