[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Ahab come to like Starbuck? Respect, sure, and a recognition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5032.jpg (96KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5032.jpg
96KB, 720x960px
Why did Ahab come to like Starbuck? Respect, sure, and a recognition of the necessity of his negation. The whole book I thought Ahab would have him walk the plank. Starbuck ponders murdering him. Then Ahab looks into his eyes, and sees something, and his outlook on Starbuck the mutinous bastard flips.

Y?
>>
People is weird as caca.
>>
>tfw no gf
>>
Source pls
>>
File: 1497501434578.jpg (7KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
1497501434578.jpg
7KB, 250x236px
er, is someone gonna let him know Starbuck was black...
>>
>>9638908
why are you focusing on that fedallah is clearly the protagonist fucking pseud
>>
>>9638908
I'd put my penis in her vagina if you know what i mean.
>>
>>9639604
I think you mean that you would insert your schlong in her vagoo
>>
>>9639604
i wouldn't. its illeagle to fuck retards in my country
>>
>>9639606
And you don't want her breaking the law. That's nice.
>>
>>9639606
she's clearly wearing the shirt ironically
>>
>>9639102
No he wasn't, stop hanging out in your shitty liberal arts humanities department.
>>
>>9638908
Because the book is actually a deep book and the characters are actually human beings.

Hard to fathom, I know.

>>9639611
damn
>>
>>9638908
Her chest looks weird. It's like she has large flat tits if that makes any sense. Like pancakes.
>>
>>9640159
GREAT explanation. Top notch really. Tremendous potential.
>>
>>9640174
Why do people in real life come to like each other even if they have sometimes disagree greatly and/or have great ideological differences?

Life isn't like a movie or action cartoon where everyone who disagrees wants to kill each other. The reason Ahab comes to like Starbuck is because he's a character with a heart and realizes Starbuck is respectable.

You basically put it in your post. Melville made Ahab's liking of Starbuck so sudden and weird to show that Ahab is actually a human being.

You're like an autist or a robot vainly trying to understand human emotions with rigorous logic.
>>
File: eatshit.jpg (95KB, 677x583px) Image search: [Google]
eatshit.jpg
95KB, 677x583px
>>9639606
>illeagle
>>
>>9639611
ebin burn
>>
>>9638908
Try billy bud
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.