[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just started to read Plato and I was wondering , since I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 149188-004-E9F3D5B9.jpg (18KB, 306x450px) Image search: [Google]
149188-004-E9F3D5B9.jpg
18KB, 306x450px
I just started to read Plato and I was wondering , since I don't want to read the complete work, what are the most philosophically relevant dialogues.

I have already read the apology .
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
>>9635918
Nobody read Plato because its just shit strawman arguments.
>>
>>9635918
Greater Hippias.
>>
Any serious answer?
>>
File: q2xbkkrd5icy.png (168KB, 887x324px) Image search: [Google]
q2xbkkrd5icy.png
168KB, 887x324px
5 dialogues
>>
I'm interested too
>>
Cmon faggots give me an answer
>>
>>9635918
Read Theatetus, Phaedrus, and Meno.
>>
>>9636040
too edgy man! ouch
>>
Euthyphro, Apology, Crito, Phaedo, Symposium, Phaedrus, Meno, Republic are his most widely read dialogues, in reading order
>>
>>9636757
Then read Parmenides and Timaeus
>>
We had this same fucking thread literally two days ago. Just browse lit and gather information like this before the immediate moment of needing to know and apply it.
>>
>>9636273
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/edit

If I HAD TO pick because Plato is such a joy to read

Last days of Socrates (Euthy, Crito, Phaedo, Apology)

Thaeatetus, Symposium, Phaedrus, Republic, Laws in no coherent order.
>>
Republic, Laws and Symposium, are the most culturally relevant.

Timaeus is patrician, and Phaedo gives some unique insights into ancient thought
>>
>I don't want to read the complete work

Then don't bother senpai. You should just read something else.
>>
>>9637654
I disagree, he SHOULD read all of Plato, but he doesn't need to read ALL of Plato.
>>
File: 6b3.jpg (92KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
6b3.jpg
92KB, 960x640px
>unironically reading Plato instead of learning his philosophy when you're in high school
lmfao what the fuck is wrong with you people

oh, right, you're Americans, you don't study philosophy at school
>>
>>9637958
I'm sure your understanding of Plato is complete...Or perhaps, more than likely, just like every other pseud, you read his works for the plot. After all, high schoolers are not capable of grasping the depths of Plato. You are a schmuck for thinking otherwise.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>9637976
>high schoolers are not capable of grasping the depths of Plato
Projecting this much?
>>
>>9637987
Not projecting, children are fucking idiots. They have nothing to offer.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.