[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/, any recommendations on books about meditation? particularly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

/lit/, any recommendations on books about meditation? particularly books on how to meditate rather than the why of it, though whatever works.

want to start meditating as i have a lot of downtime and find myself bored to the point of frustration, not quite sure where to start and i know meditation is definitely one of those topics that will have a shit ton of pop-culture books looking to cash in on soccer moms and the sort so i'm looking to avoid those.
>>
i've been recommended the mind illuminated and after some four or six months of following the scheduled regime i'm finally starting to see results

just my two cents, but whatever you do, be patient and don't go too hard on yourself because it'll come back to bite you; make sure to practice regularly and diligently though
>>
>>9635011
thanks, i'll check it out. and i doubt i'll be impatient about it, i've meditated before and even when i struggled it was "enjoyable" in a way
>>
File: IMG_6925.jpg (514KB, 1498x984px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6925.jpg
514KB, 1498x984px
Read Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind. Really good book.
>>
>>9634980
here, this one's free: http://www.meditationexpert.com/ebok/howtomeditate.pdf
and so are these guided meditations: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9avnnk9e5180bon/Meditation.zip
>>
File: IMG_3708.jpg (121KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3708.jpg
121KB, 425x282px
you don't need books to meditate. don't overthink it. just google forms of meditation. what helps is visualisations like your mind being a blue open sky and the thoughts are clouds, coming and going. you just observe them without identifying with them, etc
>>
why the fuck do you need books on how to meditate. sit your ass down, don't do shit, don't think shit.

in all seriousness, life circumstance has made it natural for me to where i never realized it was meditaton. kind of odd to me that people work towards being able to observe their own thoughts, explains a lot.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.