[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he doesn't use Grammarly Pro™ or Hemingway App™

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: adverbs.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
adverbs.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>he doesn't use Grammarly Pro™ or Hemingway App™ to edit his novels
>>
>>9631936

God, that Hemingway App is awful...

>muh long sentences
>muh brain cant cope with more than two clauses
>muh cut it down to an expressionless stump
>much bettuur
>>
>>9631971

Imagine if it was connected to a breathalyzer.

>muh you're too sober to write
>muh you're too drunk to edit

Goddamn authoritarian piece of shit.
>>
>>9632182

I agree. Hemingway is shit!
>>
>>9631971
It takes serious chops to pull off long, meandering sentences. What a lot of people here don't realize is that just because you eschew punctuation and paragraph breaks it doesn't make you Faulkner
>>
>>9632297

Please take a crack at explaining what Faulkner is doing, then.
>>
>>9631971
But grammarly
>>
>>9632417
Faulkner writes plays without punctuation
>>
>>9632417
There's a pretty big difference between making easily readable sentences and coming up with all sorts of autistic syntatic inventions or meandering on fampai.
>>
>>9631971
simply epic
>>
File: holy.png (101KB, 961x559px) Image search: [Google]
holy.png
101KB, 961x559px
great job hemingshit
>>
>>9634175
Senpai your prose is unreadable.
>>
File: ogodwhy.png (2MB, 1710x952px) Image search: [Google]
ogodwhy.png
2MB, 1710x952px
>>9631936
>being so shit at writing
>and editing
>and revision
>that you need a fucking app to do it for you
>because you're a lazy, poverty-stricken faggot whose work can't even motivate a good editor to fix it for free
Wow.

>pic related
>>
>>9634175
Your writing gives me a headache just reading it.
>>
>>9634175
Read more, we can all tell you don't
>>
>>9634182
>>9634259
really lit, REALLY
>>
I had that Grammarly thing for a while until I got spooked and emailed them about what exactly gets sent to their servers for review and they had to admit that, indeed, everything I typed was sent and recorded on their servers.

Deleted grammarly and set my old computer on fire after having it for a few days.
>>
iA Writer
>>
>>9634182
>>9634553
>>9634259
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>9634175
Hemingway app is actually right there, though.The 2 yellow sentences give me a headache, and the red one makes me want to beat you to death with a hardcover copy of infinite jest.

Also,
>Aim for 0 or fewer adverbs
kek. I think that adverbs, when used by someone with a masterful grasp on writing, can be used to create sublime writing, but this made me laugh.
>>
>>9634182
>>9634259
>>9634553
>>9635114
Inb4 they were only Pretending to be Retarded™
>>
>>9635120
I'm sure a couple of us were. For Whom the Bell Tolls isn't anywhere near Hemmingways bext work, though, so it's not too surprising that a lot of people here have not read it. And I genuinely do dislike the passage that was posted.
>>
>>9631936
>he has to use a fucking app to edit his writing

holy shit you must be inept. have fun writing dogshit for the rest of your dumbass life.
>>
Everything I post into Hemingway is apparently 'Post-Graduate', but rather than that, I think it's more likely that I'm just retarded. Dumb app.
>>
It's almost as if Hemingway App specifically attempts to get your writing to a newspaper level of readability, and specifically only gives suggestions. You should be able to use shorter sentences you dumb shits.
>>
>>9634175

You notice it's still graded at a "10", and it suggests a "9". >>9635393 is probably getting a "16".
>>
>>9635137
>>9634250

t. unpublished soursops
>>
https://www.jspell.com/public-spell-checker.html
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.