/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /lit/tle people. I'm feeling shit right now. Do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: chronicles.jpg (17KB, 268x150px) Image search: [Google]
chronicles.jpg
17KB, 268x150px
hey /lit/tle people. I'm feeling shit right now. Do you guys like dragonlance? After going full poverty when I was around 11-12 I got into reading because there was nothing else to do. Started with the Death Gate Cycle then just went with the same authors and found Dragonlance. I just wanna know how people feel about it.
>>
This is the first sffg thread I will answer sincerely and not reply "genre shit, take it to sffg".

I've read around 700 books in literature and still consider Dragonlance one of the most fun and exciting among them. It's derivative, sure, but the character dynamics and sense of adventure still summon affection from me.
>>
bumping for attention to distract myself from everything
>>
comfy and enjoyable series, op
>>
>>9631422
They're garbage, but they're fun if you're into D&D. I just read two of Weis & Hickman's books earlier this year.
>>
love dragonlance, cozy af
>>
>>9631422
great character intros, and the sequel trilogy is great.

I have my gripes with the series - fatigue being one of them - but the original books are solid for what they are.
>>
>>9631422
We're not /lit/tle people, we're nig/lit/s get it right.
>>
>>9631422
How did the introduction of the sequel trilogy make you feel? After the absolute TREAT that was Winter Night and how I got to love each character, seeing Caramon being a fat abusive drunkard made me feel actual desperation. Really love this series, but never got to actually reading the rest of the trilogies after the Twins one.
>>
The tor.com reread is great for shitting on Tanis
>>
>>9631422
one of my favorite series was the Children of the Plains, Duranix the bronze dragon blew my mind as a character, and his powers were quite satisfying in my mind.
>>
>>9631422

this might just be because I was a Linkin Park listening edgelord, but the only D&D books I enjoyed was R.A. Salvatore's Dark Elf trilogy

Dragons of Autumn Twilight bored the shit out of me and I never finished the trilogy

for that matter, Icewind Dale and everything else by Salvatore also bored me
>>
>>9631422
I loved Dragonlance as a kid, but there were some real stinkers. Original trilogy great, Twins trilogy good, Fifth Age decent...others I like: Soulforge, The Dragons of Krynn, The Dragons at War, some of the other "Tales" type anthologies.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.