[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that I have discovered audio recording exists and found that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1441534715351.jpg (362KB, 1260x890px) Image search: [Google]
1441534715351.jpg
362KB, 1260x890px
Now that I have discovered audio recording exists and found that Pride and Prejudice is as unbearable when spoken as when written, what are some good recordings of books that I ought to have read already that sound good when read to you?
>>
>>9630050
>not appreciating Austen's bantz

Stick to your anime and 'vidya', kiddo
>>
>>9630065
I didn't know bantz counted as high literature, or that a post could be so useless.
>>
>>9630145
>having 'high literature' read aloud
>>
>>9630157
So I can imagine such useless posts existing.

Is there a language besides chinese in which the form of written words has any effect whatsoever on the prose?
>>
Homer
>>
>>9630179
Homer's difficult because of the language whose general irrelevance was noted even in Shakespearean canon. Is there a favorite translation?
>>
>>9630188
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>9630189
"that's greek to me" or whatever the line was
>>
>>9630199
Fitzgerald is probably the best, especially for a first reading.
Now, what exactly do you mean by referencing that phrase?
>>
>>9630250
How is it not obvious?
>>
>>9630259
Walk me through your thought process, I don't understand what you mean.
>>
>>9630259
How does the phrase show the general irrelevance of Homers language?
>>
>>9630342
What language did Homer speak?
>>
>>9630347
Greek
And this makes him difficult?
>>
>>9630405
Do you know greek?
>>
I recently listened to Christopher Lee reading Ivanhoe. Ultimate comfy.
>>
I once bought Le Morte d'Arthur after thoroughly enjoying the abridged version read by Derrick Jacobi. Whatever edition I ordered on Amazon was literally just walls of text,nothing bunched up into neat paragraphs and it hurt the eyes to read it.
>>
>>9630456
Nice argument Senpai.
That line in Shakespeare doesn't even mean Greek is irrelevant. The saying already existed, and exists in many different language using variants of Greek, Chinese, and others, to describe something unknown, like an unknown language.
So, what exactly are you trying to say?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.