[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have above average vocabulary >understanding falls apart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1494792448504.jpg (32KB, 479x377px) Image search: [Google]
1494792448504.jpg
32KB, 479x377px
>have above average vocabulary
>understanding falls apart when author describes clothes, fields, furniture with strange vocabulary

"David wore his critch on his wrist as he walked across the arrondo. Hatnaddas buzzed in the placitos. The delivery man brought his strall earlier that morning."
>>
>>9629674
>>have above average vocabulary
>>understanding falls apart when author describes clothes, fields, furniture with strange vocabulary
get off 4chan and up your game loser.
>>
>encounter a word you dont know
>write it down
>look up definition and also write it down in your own words
>next time you encounter the same word you will be reminded to check your definition
>repeat until memorised

Did you not go to school?
>>
>>9629737
>implying any of these words will provide
value ever
>>
>>9629753
>reading to "provide value"

you're a lost cause
>>
This thread is the first result if you google "hatnaddas"
>>
>>9629764
>reading to memorize 400.000 words

you're a lost cause
>>
>>9629674
Don't worry OP I dont have a single clue what the fuck is going on with David.
>>
>can never make proper sense of combat scenes
>>
>>9629674

You know what, I like this thread. At least you're actually discussing literature. I just read like, 7 consecutive posts, even if they were bantz, where literature was discussed on /lit/. I mean, holy shit its a miracle. I can't really sympathize with your situation because I've never encountered words like those but I like your thread, man.
>>
>cannot understand dialogue because I never talk
I've forgotten what my voice sounds like
>>
>>9629811
holy shit it's true
>>
>>9629811
>first

You mean only.
>>
>>9629674
Similar with me and the Lord of the Rings.

I have little understanding of environment, so I'm hearing lots of geographical terms for the first time.

It's a great learning experience though. I now know about Thickets, Dellings, Gullies etc.

Id you don't know just google the meaning. That's how you learn.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.