[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some recommended books to get into the Jungian analysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: CGJung.jpg (371KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CGJung.jpg
371KB, 2000x1000px
What are some recommended books to get into the Jungian analysis in psychology, archetypes, psychic alchemy, etc.?
>>
>>9627428
Probably some Jung.
>>
>>9627430
And what do you recommend from Jung?
>>
>>9627433
collected works
>>
>>9627437
I have seen that they are in at least 9 volumes, anyone of those that I should focus specifically on?
>>
>>9627481
get the one he did before he died
>>
>>9627428

as close to chronological order as possible:

Symbols of Transformation
The Red Book
Psychological Types
The Portable Jung
Modern Man in Search of a Soul
Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious
Psychology and Alchemy
Psychology of the Transference
Aion
Synchronicity
Answer to Job
Mysterium Coniunctionis
>>
>>9627505
Thanks!
I have been collecting most of these this morning, but some I don't recognize.

Since this is a lot, are there any specific works that you recommend especially?
>>
>>9627509

that's all essential imo. Actually I forgot Memories, Dreams, Reflections. his memoir is really important, especially the chapters about his "encounter with the unconscious"
>>
>>9627505
What about Man and his Symbols?
>>
>>9627690
That's like a "Greatest Hits" book. Also Jung didn't write most of the chapters. It's just people talking about him.
>>
>>9627701
Does it work as an introductory text or is more suited for people already familiar with Jungian ideas?
>>
>>9627733
The former. It basically covers the collective unconscious, the shadow, and archetypes, and is more aligned with the writings of Joseph Campbell.
>>
>>9627428
Jung is a pathetic deluded pagan.
Read Lacan instead of this farcical heretic
>>
File: 1455404656271.jpg (143KB, 600x705px) Image search: [Google]
1455404656271.jpg
143KB, 600x705px
Thanks for the contributions guys, I think I have all to get started with Jung.

>>9627819
What book(s) do you recommend as a good starting point for understanding Lacan?
>>
>>9627833
Whole thread about it here >>>9626199
Jung as it were attempted to evolve past Freud in an attempt to reify the symbolic in a move Lacan seen as admirable but ultimately a descent into "madness".
Lacan instead aimed towards the opposite direction, using Freud as a means towards reading Hegel.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.