[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to take a 2 week trip across the UK and Ireland.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1420564514.jpg (460KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1420564514.jpg
460KB, 1440x900px
I'm going to take a 2 week trip across the UK and Ireland. What is the right book to bring with me for the plane, bus and train rides?
>>
Axl Rose's autobiography
>>
>>9626485
Hardys Wessex Tales
>>
>>9626485
Dubliners
>>
Rooney's Conversations with Friends. It's her debut love saga for the modern age.
>>
>2 week
>book
I shiggydiggy
>>
>>9626488
Get in the ring fgt
>>
Jeeves and Wooster
>>
>>9626528
I don't get what your getting at
>>
>>9626485

Mein Kampf or the Koran
>>
File: 51usvbKzudL.jpg (43KB, 325x500px) Image search: [Google]
51usvbKzudL.jpg
43KB, 325x500px
>>9626485
i'm no expert or anything but pic related looks like a good place to start
>>
>>9626485
Ulysses
>>
>>9626485
>bus and train rides?
Look out the window at the scenery? Why are you even going on a tour, retard?
>>
>>9627654
That gets old very quickly, in most of England at least. Only so many fields you can look at before you get tired
>>
>>9626485
Potato farming in Ireland since 1871 by Robert McTuber
>>
>>9626485
Road to Wigan Pier
>>
>>9626498
This is the only correct answer.
It's also immensly re-readable. Just read the stories over and over in those 2 weeks should be a good experience.
>>
>>9626485
>2 week trip
>one book
lmaoing @ ure face right now friendo
>>
>>9628136
If The Dead was the only thing I could read for the rest of my life, I think I'd be content.
>>
>>9626485
this: https://archive.org/details/touristsguidetoi00oflauoft

also, get one of his novels: manly, raw, powerful literature. especially if you're going to the west , Aran Islands (where he was from). Skerrett or The Black Soul.
>>
Anything Yeats, but ideally his Irish Fairy Tales
>>
>>9626485
I'm so darn sick of these threads. LISTEN UP BUCKO, the ONLY book you ever need is the BIBLE (KJV).
>>
Rings of saturn
>>
>>9626485
I second Joyce. I would not want to read solely him, but I think the suggestion of Dubliners and specifically the dead is worth merit. (If I were going for nostalgia and whatnot I would say Redwall... not really lit material but romanticized England in a weird way without ever really trying. It made me an Anglo-Phile.) Maybe some T.S. Eliot, the Four Quartets? Any short Tolkien or Lewis. Not trying to make a shit post, I just think sometimes simple is best.
>>
>>9626528
>>9628165
I don't come on lit often, but I'm assuming you guys are suggesting that I bring more books. I'll only have what I can carry, and I'd like to avoid bringing a bookshelf.

So go shiggydiggy each other in the face friendos.
>>
>>9626498
>>9628136
>>9629368
I think this is what I'm gonna go with. Thanks /lit/, /trv/ thanks you!
>>
>>9628985
This, you somdomites.
>>
Buy a tweed flat cap and become professor yank
>>
>>9626485
Playboy
>>
>>9631267
i saw what you did there
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.