[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i form/come up with a compelling/high concept/exciting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1496168230432s.jpg (8KB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
1496168230432s.jpg
8KB, 250x245px
how do i form/come up with a compelling/high concept/exciting plot?
whenever i ask for my plot ideas to be critiqued, people say they're boring :(
im trying to write YA
>>
put three sprigs of barley under your pillow every night for two weeks, on the 14th night take the bundle and burn it at precisely midnight and recite a hymn to Demeter and sleep outside on the bare ground. a compelling high concept exciting plot should come to you in the dream that follows.
>>
>>9625578
>Not making sure that the 14th day falls on the 12th day of the month for maximum mortal task luck gains
So close yet so far.

>>9625552
Honestly, you don't. The best plot ideas, and the ones that seem most natural to read and write are ones that just come to you. They also usually parallel some experience you've had in your life, in some way. The plot idea for my short story that's being published in the fall is based on playing in the woods behind my house as a child. It just came to me one night after I had spent the day exhaustively trying to come up with a decent plot idea.
>>
>>9625604
okay but the fault in our stars doesn't parallel john green's life at all
>>
>>9625643
>Compelling concept and plot
>A fault in our stars
Looking for Alaska certainly does, though. You can just feel his repressed teenage sexuality and fantasies throughout the entire thing.

Also, you should really read the bible and the Greeks if you have not already. It's not hard at all to come up with a compelling plot when you have both of those things to pull from. Hell, just about every passage from the bible could be used for a story.
>>
>>9625552
Talk to an ugly woman.
>>
>>9625552

l i v e and b e a w a r e of what is happening
>>
>>9625666
im not really sure how the bible will help but i was planning on reading it anyway
>>
>>9625666
>666
>Satan recommending the Bible
>Hell,

what is going on
>>
>>9626159
Satan knows that /lit/ doesn't read.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.