[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you spend half your time posturing really hard on lit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0031.jpg (61KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0031.jpg
61KB, 500x707px
>tfw you spend half your time posturing really hard on lit to try and convince yourself you can hold your own with other young writers of your age, but you know deep down you're just a pseud
>tfw the other half your time you spend reading and writing, and all there is is shame
Help me /lit/ I just want to be a fine young man of letters
>>
>>9625537
You'll be fine as long as you have synesthesia.
>>
/lit/ is full of extremely insecure mediocrities who can do nothing but posture

keep reading and stop coming to this board
>>
work hard, little bitch. get off /lit/, go read.

before you can be good, you have to know you are bad-- most of us never make it out of the delusion
>>
Every second you spend in this parlor means hours behind in Burke's.

Sympathies, Anon.
>>
>>9625541
Elaborate, please, anon?
>>
>>9625537
If I knew people on /lit/ got their feelings hurt on here I'd be nicer.
>>
most posters on this board havent even started shaving, why are you intimidated?
>>
>>9625570
He's referencing how Nabokov had it and it made his writing quite unique/endearing.
>>
File: IMG_0032.jpg (174KB, 1260x1822px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0032.jpg
174KB, 1260x1822px
>>9625574
/lit/ hurts my feelings all the time, anon. Not because someone called me a fag or said my writing is bad, more because being here for more than a minute every day engenders a passive type of shame about my work. Then I get off and go read something good and I can't finish it because it shows more passive seeds of shame, and so I get fiery passionate about writing better. So I put a kettle on and crack open my overflowing box of drafts and start writing or editing something and then I am slowly reminded as the night wears on and I read my own prose for the millionth time that I am complete shit compared to the book I was reading earlier. So I get back on /lit/ to shitpost and hopefully come across some readings of works that hadn't occurred to me or the titles of some books I haven't put in my list or on my shelf or the name of some author that I don't recognize to add to either but before I really get started the fear and the trembling are back and I know I am not getting any younger but there's so much information out there it's impossible for anything to not suddenly look like a child with his pants around his ankles playing at being a man at any moment, and then I realize I am posturing on /lit/ again to try and comfort myself so I log off and start reading and eventually make another kettle... I have written almost 600,000 words in the last 6 years. It's all garbage.
>>
File: brick.jpg (37KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
brick.jpg
37KB, 620x372px
>>9625609
imagine ill feck you in the ass and leave coffee flavoured cum in it for every hour you spend feckin fairy
>>
>>9625623

Best thing I've read all day.
>>
>>9625562
It often feels like this, granted. But there's a core of medium oldfags hovering above this sight who occasionally strike and that's what makes this board entirely worthwhile. Getting the most from /lit/ is like hunting Easter Eggs, and occasionally hiding some. Budget your time. Don't come here every ding dong day.
And just ignore the millennial whining. It's bound to continue.
>>
>>9625634
That's telling anon. Sort yourself out
>>
File: 1476123048294.png (207KB, 457x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476123048294.png
207KB, 457x500px
You'll be capable of getting out of 4chan the moment you can be honest about the fact you have no absolute shame about wasting time on it. So long as you don't do that, the part of you that does enjoy it will pull you back in, like a fly to the sweet aroma of flowers, carnivore ones included, that thinks it's found a clever cheat for life, only to fall into a place it can't get out of eventually; whatever self-shame you can muster will only make this thing stronger.

Work is the same. You'll be able to put out good stuff when you can admit to being selfish about it. When you have the uncalculated, unreasoned, raw integrity to simply "yes, I did that thing", then you'll be capable of moving on, because youll be setting your own barriers.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.