[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to get into "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" and Nietzsche

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (14KB, 220x298px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
14KB, 220x298px
About to get into "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" and Nietzsche in general.
I've only read a few things about his philosophy (general wikipedia-tier stuff) and i already find myself in him.
What should I know before i get into Friedrich?
>>
>wiki article into zarathustra

you will get frustrated/bored sometime around the beginning of part 3 and give up.
>>
>>9624893
explain why
>>
lrn2wiki u fukin villager

also lrn2yootoob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzcD-LCKuNs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuQzE2YYPNE

why you people expect to garner any useful information from 4chan, a weeb image posting forum no less, is beyond me
>>
>>9624910
already read the wiki
if you read Nietzsche, maybr you can tell me something about it
that's how the world works you autist
>>
>>9624900
Idk what that guy is talking about
It was my first Nietzsche and I read it cover to cover
But you should from his early works and then go chronologically
>>
>>9624918
>that's how the world works
No it doesn't, not everything is there to please you little special snowflake
>>
>>9624893
>implying OP will ever open the actual book
>>
To me the importance of Nietzsche is learning to create personal value systems without God. This is my own interpretation.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra to me was watching a man, Zarathustra, pronounce his own value systems. The significance of Zaruthustra to me was not so much that I should follow Zaruthustra's proclamations as truth, but rather follow the spirit in which he attempts to craft for himself standards to hold himself to

Nietzsche in general to me marks the explosion of the agnostic/atheistic intellectual traditions in the 20th century. Not that there werent agnostics or atheists before him who encouraged man to find value systems outside of religion (Stirner), but Nietzsche came at a time when the general loosening of Christianity's chokehold on the intellectual transmission of ideas caused a dam to break inside of the minds of many thinkers, no longer was God a necessity to consider in order to spread your ideas

Nietzsche to me also recognized the ugliness of nihilism and attempted to find a path away from nihilism despite having no objective value system (one propped by God for example) to depend on
>>
I'm thinking about reading some Nietzsche and some Voltaire. Any reccomendations on where to start. I've currently got Voltaire's Letters on England waiting for me to order.

I was thinking on getting Beyond good and evil as well.

I feel like taking a small move away from history for the time being and build up this pile of books I've got like 10 books at the moment and want to build up some more. Currently got like 4 horrors. 2 Lovecraft set of short stories then I got a third Lovecaft book with all the stores which is a really nice hardcover.

I have the art of war, about 5 history books ranging from the Romans to the Romanovs.

And The purple revolution by Nigel Farage (Thought it's be interesting to learn about Nige)
>>
>>9624932
i thought about that too
i'll try and go chronologically from the first books to the last
>>
Hi everyone, I will start reading The Gay Science soon as my intro to Nitzsche, it is a good starter?

Also, do I need any background to succesfully grasp his thoughts?
>>
I wouldn't start with TSZ I think you need a good grasp of Nietzsches thought in order to enjoy the book, which is imo one of the finest pieces of philosophical poetry ever made, so it's definitley worth it. I would read at least human all too human and the gay science before starting TSZ, although desu get off wikipedia and just read his complete oeuvre from start to finish nietzsche is always a good read
>>
>>9624877
Nothing, dive right in. This book is fucking cake. Especially if you already understand him through wiki articles.
>>
File: dale.gif (1023KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
dale.gif
1023KB, 240x260px
sacrifice love to be ubermench. he basically couldnt step out of his own mind to do what anything that lives does, which is breed. seems like a grumpy guy who hates the game of life to me. but i can see how A LOT of people (on 4chan at least) relate to his ideals. because a large majority of you are just as sad as he is.
>>
>>9625783
>Hi everyone
Hello newfriend.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.