[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good medieval on christian mysticism, I really want to try

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: St Bonaventure.jpg (33KB, 600x701px) Image search: [Google]
St Bonaventure.jpg
33KB, 600x701px
Any good medieval on christian mysticism, I really want to try religious fasting, but without theology I will literally only starve myself without point.
>>
>>9624573
start with going innawoods for 36 hours, with emergency rations and water, and not consuming them. Once you're back, read whatever the people itt rec
>>
>>9624573
Ive not eaten for 9 days before its really really really great. https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/27001-opening-of-the-third-eye-and-other-byproducts-along-the-way/?page=6

this is a good resource to check out. During the fast it would be helpful to sometimes listen to Hildegard of Bingen's music, esp the song nunc aperiut nobis. I would love to talk more about this with you. Read the gospel of thomas if you havent already
>>
>>9624573
This is a nice idea, I like it

I will prepare myself for religious fasting myself by consuming all my food so the fasting becomes easier because I don't have anything I could eat
>>
File: uhkfyukgb.png (89KB, 494x393px) Image search: [Google]
uhkfyukgb.png
89KB, 494x393px
>dfw type 1 Diabetic christian.
>every christian tells me not to fast.
>so I don't.
>>
>>9624896
You could do intense prayer instead. Say a rosary or a chaplet.
>>
>>9624902
My daily prayers turn out to be about seven or so minutes long. I run out of things to ask for, to thank for, to confess.
>>
>>9624582
Not necessarily wrong but id still bring a copy of the new testament and psalter to help pass the time
>>
>>9624915
>seven or so minutes
that feels short to me, but I was a fundy when I was religious
>>
>>9624573
A good starting point is Neoplatonism which represents probably the main influence on the genesis of Christian mysticism. You can go on with Dionysius Areopagita for example, but the most sophisticated mystic author is Meister Eckhart imo. Be careful: there are Latin writings and Middle High German sermons by him - the Latin writings are kind of a mystical theory, the German sermons are kind of a mystical practice/experience (they are intentionally incomprehensible, opaque and self-contradictory - you're not supposed to understand them but to experience them). Eckhart's student Cusanus might also be interesting.
>>
>>9625041
Might as well read the Beguines. Porete is superior to Eckhart.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.