[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this guy holy shit it's so good why didn't nobody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: ayn rand.jpg (10KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
ayn rand.jpg
10KB, 286x176px
this guy

holy shit

it's so good

why didn't nobody tell me about this before

of course it's full of mistakes and failures but in-between there's some real nice use of language for things i've always grasped/felt in some uncertain way
>>
A thread died for this.
>>
>>9624024
kek
>>
File: 358205_full.jpg (71KB, 674x1000px) Image search: [Google]
358205_full.jpg
71KB, 674x1000px
>>
>>9624020
>developing bjectivism
Rand is my niggress.
>>
>>9624020
It's designed to appeal to your latent sense of vanity, telling you everything you want to hear (I'm superior to others, the system is keeping me down, etc) so you get roped into the cult.
>>
>>9625603
Is she lying though?
>>
>>9625603
this
>>9625612
yeah
>>
File: 1496148804956.png (91KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1496148804956.png
91KB, 500x375px
>>9624020
Congrats OP, you learned something really important about yourself that will help you get through the rest of your life.
>>
>>9625603
Bullshit.
You are completely ignorant of Rand and just parrot common prejudices against her. There's pretty much noone with as much focus on responsibility as she is. "I'm superior to others, the system is keeping me down, etc." is exactly what she doesn't say. She tells you to be responsible for your own acts, if you act right you will be succesful, if you act wrong you will fail eventually - it doesn't matter who you are, what matters is how you act.
Seriously, I'm the first one to say Rand is a bad writer and even a worse philosopher, but at least read and understand her if you want to judge her.
>>
Ayn Rand has some strong points. She was good at characterizing individuals as weak, strong, successful, failed, etc. I'd say she had some aptitude as a "psychologist."

She's less good at developing an actual political program. In fact, I don't think she even developed one, but she speaks in tones that lead you to expect it.
>>
>>9627062

But yeah, the hostility and mockery directed toward Rand is insanely out of proportion to actual flaws with her work. It's clearly a bunch of communist butthurt to a large extent, but they have succeeded in tarnishing her image somewhat.
>>
>>9625603
Someone hasn't read Rand's works.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.