[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to overcome colossal writers block? I cant even think about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: grid-cell-6550-1421804277-16.jpg (84KB, 490x735px) Image search: [Google]
grid-cell-6550-1421804277-16.jpg
84KB, 490x735px
How to overcome colossal writers block? I cant even think about my work in a useful way, let alone write any
>>
you rack disciprine
>>
>>9621147
I don't. I sacrificed my teenage years embracing loneliness and delving into my deepest nightmares to create something meaningful to me. Every day has been consumed by creation and now I suddenly stopped producing anything at all
>>
why you rant be writer anyway

why you no want be engineer or doctor, those good jobs

hm? why you always thinking
>>
>>9621221
i see

you want make something meaningful

aha

maybe you need read phirosophy

meaning veeeeeeeery compricated

*nudges ribs*

maybe you need girlfriend? hm?

maybe you go on date
>>
File: 1424571295148.jpg (410KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1424571295148.jpg
410KB, 1920x1200px
>>9621227
I don't want to be a writer, never wanted to be one at all. My whole life has simply been me creating art and stories in one form or another, and I realized writing is the medium where I can do this alone for now with no budget or help.

>>9621231
The idea is less to create something meaningful and instead to transcend myself and my story onto a medium. I don't want all of the suffering and loneliness to be completely useless while everyone else is fucking and living
>>
>>9621266
>writing is the medium where I can do this alone for now with no budget or help.
Apparently not.
>>
>>9621266
*strokes beard*

hmm

yes, i see, i see

you got writer's brock

*produces hacksaw*

ok i try this, maybe it work

*begins sawing*

maybe this take a whire tho, i ask you questions

if you not rant to be writer, then why you have writer's brock? being a writer mean having writer's brock. it rike wanting to be strong but no rike rifting weights. writing mostry brock, brock is writer

no brock, onry shitposting on /rit/

>meaningful, transcend myself and story onto medium

suffering and roneriness make good story tho, it what anons rike to read, people in pain and distress

it very odd but true. we rike see pain, discomfort, agony and distress

what distress you got? maybe write about being ronery
>>
File: writers block1.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
writers block1.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>>9621110

There's a million different tricks out there and not all of them will work for everyone, I've personally got this book on my desk. That other guy's right though, it's discipline you need to build, because a well of feeling will eventually run dry.

>Try a different genre
>Write a sentence every time you open a different page on your browser
>Write anything and don't delete it because you hate it immediately
>Use a prompt (word/sentence/etc)
>If it's story driven, make a list of things that WOULD NOT happen next
>Write in the style of another author
>Tell your story from another point of view
>>
File: 1471259969029.jpg (37KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1471259969029.jpg
37KB, 612x612px
>>9621351
Theres a difference between wanting to be something and needing to be something. People who want to be writers rarely ever had the drive to actually say something before they made the decision to write

>what distress you got? maybe write about being ronery

The book is about hate, evil, manhood, impotence, betrayal
>>
writers block just means youre worrying about something more important than your stupid book. go work on that.

take some time out on long walks and figure that shit out.
>>
File: 1468206078270.jpg (99KB, 502x667px) Image search: [Google]
1468206078270.jpg
99KB, 502x667px
>>9621381
Maybe this is true. Ive been devoting almost all of my time in the last weeks into taking a new fighting game dead seriously

The problem is I feel extremely guilty about getting zero work done since I want the book to be ready before 2019
>>
>>9621389
what game?
>>
File: 1492032190467.png (1MB, 1623x910px) Image search: [Google]
1492032190467.png
1MB, 1623x910px
>>9621396
Injustice 2. Its why I briefly thought about trying to write some batman short stories if my block on my main project continues
>>
>>9621407
nice

could always write a game review or something too if the wheels of fiction aren't turning

or just contemplate the world of aesthetics at simulation like a patrician
>>
>>9621389

Take a break then and enjoy this game for a bit. Most great novels took years to write, many with hiatus periods.
>>
File: 1460825830429.jpg (170KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1460825830429.jpg
170KB, 1280x960px
>>9621423
Ive already been working on the conceptual stage for around 3 years. I feel obligated to start doing more of the actual writing now
>>
Read.

since this is 4chan and so 95% chance you're in the 18-25 demog, there's almost certainly a ton of shit that you should read that you haven't read yet unless you're an autistic shut-in

the overwhelming majority of truly great writers were and are *fucking* erudite
>>
You're creating your own problems because "writer's block" isn't actually real. I don't know you or your situation but you're most likely lacking discipline. Set aside a few hours for just writing. If nothing comes to your mind just sit there stare at your paper or blank screen for a few hours every single day. No exceptions, no distractions, you're either writing or you're staring at nothing. This is the common thread between every prolific writer, none of whom can ever recall experiencing "writer's block."
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.