[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The incompetence of the American military >Blind Japanese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: world-war-z1.jpg (205KB, 600x923px)
world-war-z1.jpg
205KB, 600x923px
>The incompetence of the American military
>Blind Japanese samurai and a Japanese otaku 2chan poster
>Stupid concepts like quislings and feral children
>Rich people now shovel poo and poor people now run society (cause all rich people are useless and never earned their way and all poor people aren't lazy and on welfare)
>Israel is best rael
>Is North Korea in a tunnel just hiding out or are they all zombies???????? It's like some kinda Schrodinger's cat of asians, so cool!
>"Muh dogs even though I hated them but now I attack people that do and now I'm in a special K9 unit durrrrrrr"
>For some reason only this random African guy has ONE CRAZY PLAN that will save us and nobody else could ever come up with such a brilliant strategy
>Every character is unrealistically descriptive for "interviews", like it's some lonely Jewish hack writing a shitty fiction book that'll be gobbled up by Americans
>DUDE I'M GUARDING RICH CELEBRITIES AND BILL MAHER AND ANNE COULTER ARE HAVING SEX ON THE BEACH LMAO

Reminder that there are people on /lit/ that like this book and they post among us
>>
bill maher and anne coulter are actually friends
>>
>>9620329
I indeed thought it was an interesting book and I plan on reading it again sometime. Yeah some of the stuff is weird and cliche, I even remember that scrawny hikinomimi (or whatever it's called) otaku guy finding a short katana (tanto?) or something like that, and it's just... dumb. The feral children thing is also incredibly stupid; people deciding to live like zombies even though they're technically alive? Then there's the whole 'fake cure' thing that gets a guy super duper rich even though it does nothing. Can't remember the Israel stuff, but the thing with the guys with the sub (Chinese) hooking up their ship's engines to some kind of archipelago community to give them power is pretty cool, then they chill there and are treated extremely well for providing power to them.

This is the most important part, though... it's this book that introduced me to the song 'I was Only 19' by, what was it, the Rumjacks? Anyways, absolutely Godly song, didn't even know Australia had a part in the Vietnam War, and for having introduced me to that song I will always be grateful to some degree of World War Z.

I also found the Zombie Survival Guide to be very entertaining in my early-mid teen years. I recall at the back of the book where it has historical fiction short stories of encounters with the undead, there's one scenario in Canada, specifically BC I think, where this one woman with an M1 Carbine ends up cornered but with slow and careful aim and no small amount of self-discipline, she dispatches... what... 13 of them with her 15-round mag? Something like that. Pretty cool read.
>>
>OP writes zombie book
>Gets rejected by publishers
>Sees success of WWZ
>Rages about it on /lit/
>>
>>9620336
That surprises me, but it actually makes perfect sense, because horseshoe theory is true.
>>
>>9620329
Can't deny the French catacombs was a good one
>>
>>9621387
Yeah I remember that being great desu
>>
I sense some /pol/ in your /lit/
>welfare
>Jewish

What's the point to your post? Have you considered making less threads?
>>
>>9620329
This book was part of the impetus of the 5 year zombie craze we are in. Whatever you can say about this guy, he does unique stuff with tired material. The battle of Yonkers is a great set piece as is the siege of Scripps college to the theme of Avalon by Roxy Music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpA_5a0miWk
>>
File: IMG_3885.jpg (57KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3885.jpg
57KB, 300x300px
IMO this was the best zombie series... until ayy lamo showed up in the last book
>>
>>9620329
Yeah, I'll admit I liked it. Very imaginative POVs.
>>
>>9620329

It's a shame they'll never be a tv series based on the different POVs desu. Chink submarine is the best from memory though second to the Marine describing Yonkers and the new tactics afterwards. The whole book isn't especially amazing but i liked it in my mid teens

Does anyone know of other books that have a similar vibe or are written similarly.
>>
>>9620329
Zombie Survival Guide is better. I especially like the part about knights slaughtering zombies believing they were cannibal peasants possessed by the devil. World War Z's snarky jibes at Bush and the Iraq War made it hard for me to take World War Z seriously.
>>
>>9620329
k
>>
>>9620329
>I'm such a frigid, funless asshole that I get mad at characters that aren't sterile, cold hearted metaphors for christian imperialism
>Even the whole world is overrun with zombies, it's way too unrealistic that there is a diverse cast of characters, it's all just liberal bullshit.
>I mean, japanese people in japan?
>Israel not self-destructing?
>Nobody knows what's going on in a country famous for being an isolated dictatorship?
>Black people actually doing something?
>I just cannot DEAL with all this SJW propaganda!
get out of your fucking basement.
>>
>>9623056
yikes
imagine getting mad at many years old pasta
also
>tells someone to "get outside their basement" while thinking blind japanese samurai is just ordinary japanese people ok
you've rreally done it now anon. there is no hope for you and you have left me with only one option. should've thought twice before posting, idiot

*infects you with treatment-resistant lice*
>>
>>9623064
>insults me
>posts this: *infects you with treatment-resistant lice*
I guess we really are just two retards, huh
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.